5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MSRP of eTorque engine up to $2645

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! Yea if the new price point sticks around, I'll probably pass on it. Seems like it would really shine if you were caught in bumper-to-bumper traffic on a regular basis and wanted to conserve fuel. $800 over the regular hemi made it interesting (a "test drive" type of decision), but $1450 over the hemi makes me quickly lose that interest :LOL:
Agreed... eTorque makes start/stop acceptable, and provides the resultant minor mpg increase. Good but not an exciting thought from a power/driving sense. It hardly lets you know it is there (by design) and doesn't seem to provide any feel of increased torque/acceleration, so at $800 over the normal Hemi it was ok. At this $1450 premium over a normal Hemi it feels like price overshoot.

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At that price point there is no way that is a value add for me. For the amount of miles I drive it would take years and years to break even.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The two drive sources are more complimentary than additive. Best explanation of etorque I found is to search youtube for "alex on autos etorque explained", in particular the etorque/hemi torque graph should help clarify things.

That video you recommended is absolutely worth watching for everyone on this forum. Thank you for the recommendation. Here's the link: http://alexonautos.com/alex-on-answers/, then click on the link for "Jeep Wrangler and Ram 1500 eTorque Mild Hybrid Explained"

Something really caught my eye in the video, so I'm going to put this out there and hopefully someone can explain to me regarding the apparent lack of the 3.6 L V6 eTorque on Ram's Build & Price for the higher-end trims:
At the 2:00 minute mark in the Alex on Answers video "Jeep Wrangler and Ram 1500 eTorque Mild Hybrid Explained", the cutaway 2019 Ram 1500 is clearly a Limited trim model, yet (a) it shows the 3.6 L V6 eTorque under the hood, and (b) the Ram 1500 badge on the hood clearly does not say "Hemi". Which would seem to imply that the 3.6 L V6 eTorque engine is available in the higher trim levels (Laramie & Limited). So what am I missing when I do Build & Price for either a Laramie or a Limited? The only two engine choices so far are the standard 5.7 L Hemi ($1195 upcharge) or the eTorque 5.7 L Hemi ($2645 upcharge). But I can't seem to find a way to delete the Hemi altogether and see what the price would be with a base V6.

Am I missing something on Ram Build & Price, or is it that the dealer's ordering system does allow a "Hemi delete" option? Any insights will be appreciated.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
That video you recommended is absolutely worth watching for everyone on this forum. Thank you for the recommendation. Here's the link: http://alexonautos.com/alex-on-answers/, then click on the link for "Jeep Wrangler and Ram 1500 eTorque Mild Hybrid Explained"

Something really caught my eye in the video, so I'm going to put this out there and hopefully someone can explain to me regarding the apparent lack of the 3.6 L V6 eTorque on Ram's Build & Price for the higher-end trims:
At the 2:00 minute mark in the Alex on Answers video "Jeep Wrangler and Ram 1500 eTorque Mild Hybrid Explained", the cutaway 2019 Ram 1500 is clearly a Limited trim model, yet (a) it shows the 3.6 L V6 eTorque under the hood, and (b) the Ram 1500 badge on the hood clearly does not say "Hemi". Which would seem to imply that the 3.6 L V6 eTorque engine is available in the higher trim levels (Laramie & Limited). So what am I missing when I do Build & Price for either a Laramie or a Limited? The only two engine choices so far are the standard 5.7 L Hemi ($1195 upcharge) or the eTorque 5.7 L Hemi ($2645 upcharge). But I can't seem to find a way to delete the Hemi altogether and see what the price would be with a base V6.

Am I missing something on Ram Build & Price, or is it that the dealer's ordering system does allow a "Hemi delete" option? Any insights will be appreciated.
Build & Price is buggy. The 3.6 is the standard engine on all trims, now that it's available. Both the 5.7 and 5.7 eTorque are upgrades.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I cannot state enough how much I despise start/stop in vehicles. This alone was reason enough for me to order without it. So stoked that you can still buy ‘regular’ vehicles without this gimmick . Same can’t be said of latest Fords and Chevy trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread