5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPH off on 2022 Rebel?

tomme12

Reaction score
Drove my Rebel back from Mark Dodge this past weekend 900 miles to Charlotte, NC. Awesome truck! I did notice though that the MPH on the dash was off almost 2mph. I have a radar detector on the dash that show GPS speed, also was running Waze on my Android Auto. Both the GPS and Waze showed for example 75 mph, but the truck dash was showing 75 mph. The Rebel as LT275/70R18E on the 2022, decent size tire. Not sure if others have seen this? I thought I saw a thread awhile back on something similar but couldnt find it.

Thanks!

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My rebel was off 2 mph as well. Since I purchased the Tazer I ended up using it to correct.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is right on up to 80 mph, verified with a GPS and my cellphone app.

I like to check all my vehicles, the majority of my American & Japanese vehicles are usually perfect, however my German cars have been as far off as 5 mph at 80 mph. Most use a system that is designed to prevent them for showing less than actual, and they overdo it.

The most off are motorcycles, most are about 10-15% off.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
NHSTA allows for a 5% +/- variance in speedo.

Booch

Reaction score
Advertised MPGs on the Rebels (that nobody gets) is the same as non-Rebels with smaller passenger tires. Maybe the Rebel has the same speedo calibration as non-Rebels, which would be slightly wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread