5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPG ?

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
I don't even have a Rebel and I'm getting 22 mixed city/highway. It's a bit less than I expected.

As far as Pedal Commander goes, all it does is amplify the electronic throttle signal so that you press the pedal less distance to get the same throttle input that you got before with that amount of distance. It does nothing to correct the lazy transmission programming (which is where most of the lag comes from) or the turbo lag or the butterfly valve in the tail pipe that chokes off exhaust flow to build backpressure. The entire powertrain calibration on these is sloppy and simply amping up the throttle input is a band-aid.
Do you know the consequence of removing that butterfly valve?
I noticed it when I crawled under my truck when I first got it but had no idea what that was for.

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you know the consequence of removing that butterfly valve?
I noticed it when I crawled under my truck when I first got it but had no idea what that was for.
probably a CEL. its post cat so you can do whateve you want with it legally. if it throws a cel or breaks emissions readiness, you'd need a cheater plug or something to turn it off.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The valve is there to purposefully choke down exhaust flow, which forces backpressure, which helps the low pressure side of the new EGR function.

But, like all emissions equipment it also kills power, throttle response, and fuel efficiency.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It‘s a rebate that Allstate sponsors someway. Usually I’m pretty suspicious of these marketing things however after I bought my 19’, I was seeing Patsy1099 telling nearly every new owner about it, and dozens of guys reported back that they had gotten their $250 rebate check. So I followed her link and yep, I qualified, so I applied. About 7 weeks later a check comes in the mail.

I’ve never been spammed or solicited by Allstate so I have no real clue why anyone is gathering our dmv registration information, but that’s already “rentable” so who really cares. Got the $250. You just have to have a non-fca registered vehicle in the family and prove you do.

I hope that you qualify.

Do you need to be an Allstate customer?.. and what do you need from the truck?. Just the Vin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you need to be an Allstate customer?.. and what do you need from the truck?. Just the Vin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, no need for allstate. Yes, the vin and proof of the other licensed vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread