5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPG with Pedal Commander

Narg

Reaction score
I've used a PC in another truck for about 1 year. Yeah, it will throw an error to the truck once in a while, put the truck immediately into limp mode. Just shut down and restart to get power back, then get one of those devices to reset codes and you're good to go. Though, over the 1 year, I'd say my MPG went down slightly.

drstein

Reaction score
Cry some more big guy. Over and over and over again. Or just be a nice human being and help someone out.....prick

A PC tough guy. NO crying here. Not sure who, or what you think you are. What you appear to be, is another story.

LamboMitch

Reaction score
Don't be a jerk, just answer the question or move on.

OP: The easiest answer is to try each one for yourself until you find your sweet spot. I personally run the City +3 for everyday driving. It takes away the lag without being too touchy and aggressive. When I rode in Sport+1 or Sport+2 it was fun but the wife complained that I was jerking the throttle too much (I never told her I spent money to do that) so sometimes I switch it when I want to have fun but with the family City +3 is my sweet spot. Good luck, there is no wrong answer.........besides being a jerk and telling you to search.
thanks i appreciate the feedback on your personal input. and while yes i can search it everyone has a little different feedback. normally i take the time to look just like i did on this. this can be a very subjective mod. some will love it and some won't even understand what to do with it. anyways thanks for the reply !!

LamboMitch

Reaction score
While I agree with you about helping someone out instead of just saying "search", The name calling isn't needed. In fact, it's usually more effective to avoid conflict when trying to get a point across to someone you might disagree with. I also see drstein's point. It's frustrating when someone new comes on and asks a question that's been discussed to death. It also increases the number of hits when someone actually does search a topic before creating a thread. But in the end, forums were created to discuss things, and to help people learn. It's a more pleasant experience for everyone if it can stay civil.

agreed while i am new to forums for the most part most websites or forums suck when it comes to searching. this site is actually pretty good when it comes to searching. and i agree with drstein's saying search and also add that for some of the new guys a simple hey remember to search its a great tool to get more info here etc would suffice and get the same point across. i was asking more for his input since his truck is close to mine. so while searching has its advantages it was a direct question. anyways lesson learned. thanks to everyone and yeah i'm all for keeping this forum a positive good place for us all!

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
agreed while i am new to forums for the most part most websites or forums suck when it comes to searching. this site is actually pretty good when it comes to searching. and i agree with drstein's saying search and also add that for some of the new guys a simple hey remember to search its a great tool to get more info here etc would suffice and get the same point across. i was asking more for his input since his truck is close to mine. so while searching has its advantages it was a direct question. anyways lesson learned. thanks to everyone and yeah i'm all for keeping this forum a positive good place for us all!
Never stop asking questions, no matter what a smartass says.

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Never stop asking questions, no matter what a smartass says.
Maybe I didn't search for the info I wanted correctly but even though I realize its subjective and according to personal taste. I would be curious to hear other people's favorite mode in pedal commander...

Konrad

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't search for the info I wanted correctly but even though I realize its subjective and according to personal taste. I would be curious to hear other people's favorite mode in pedal commander...

Like I said in my original post before the sh*tstorm came, it's City+2 for me. Truck feels smooth, agile and dynamic, but not overly aggressive or anything like that. Sometimes I'll crank it up a notch or two, but generally I find City+... settings ideal for everyday driving. I believe that's how our trucks should be tuned from factory.

All that comes from a guy who never believed in those throttle controller contraptions before .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tcm4950

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Like I said in my original post before the sh*tstorm came, it's City+2 for me. Truck feels smooth, agile and dynamic, but not overly aggressive or anything like that. Sometimes I'll crank it up a notch or two, but generally I find City+... settings ideal for everyday driving. I believe that's how our trucks should be tuned from factory.

All that comes from a guy who never believed in those throttle controller contraptions before .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It was your original post that made me search and then just ask my question. I have not tried every single variation of each mode but I'm working on it. I also installed a borla atak exhaust and a vararam cai also so no matter what mode im having a hard time keeping my foot out of it , sounds so good LoL

GUNDOSUN

Reaction score
A little naive here, I have a 2020 3.0 Turbo diesel and thinking about putting the PC on her.
I‘ve heard a lot with the 5.7 Hemi engine but not much with the diesel good or bad also is it the same PC for both ?
I didn’t see one specific for the 3.0 Turbo diesel
thanks for any help

Firebird

Reaction score
A little naive here, I have a 2020 3.0 Turbo diesel and thinking about putting the PC on her.
I‘ve heard a lot with the 5.7 Hemi engine but not much with the diesel good or bad also is it the same PC for both ?
I didn’t see one specific for the 3.0 Turbo diesel
thanks for any help
I used a pedal Commander when I had my eco diesel, and loved it!

ramiam

Reaction score
Adding the Maxx Boost throttle controller fixed the lag instantly on my ram, around 160 bucks I believe. I went with a lesser-known brand and it WORKS WELL. I wanted something without all the confusing menus and 'modes'. Fuel economy has increased about 2MPG so far

Users who are viewing this thread