5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPG loss

MaxSteelTX

Reaction score
Anyone else notice a significant MPG loss after installing the 3.5” Readylift and Nitto Ridge Grapplers?

I went from averaging 15-16 city to 12, and only 14 Highway. For me, The look is worth the MPG loss, just wondering if y’all noticed the same thing....

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The additional friction to turn those heavier and knobbier tires... there‘s probably 2 mpg, then there’s the lift. Sounds reasonable. Truck in your signature pic does look good though!

Krootz

Reaction score
Yes. Every single truck I’ve ever owned, I’ve either lifted or leveled. Every single one lost MPGs after

Zoompastu

Reaction score
It really is important to have your speedometer corrected. Software does not just control what’s the speedometer says it also affects shift points for the transmission, mpg display calculation, and other aspects such as stability control. Your mpg shown in the center display is not accurate. Your odometer is also not accurate so you cannot hand calculate mpg accurately either.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Vehicles are really effected by tire resistance and aero for mpg. There is a reason why Chevy used 32" Duratracs on their Trail Boss trucks instead of 33". Probably 1-2 mpg right there.

Also your axle ratio is lowered with larger tires over stock. Lower rpm, however it takes more effort to turn the tires which effects mpg.

Users who are viewing this thread