5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mounting your Pedal Commander ?

kmj.1

Reaction score
Where did you mount your Pedal Commander?

Not really wanting to mount it near the ignition button or on the dash panel.

Short harness so where did you mount it.
Would like it somewhere in the center console.

Ideas? Recommendations?

Photos!

Thanks.

lawlavigne

Reaction score
I haven't mounted mine yet I just have it sitting in the center console. But if I was to mount it I think I'd do it on the side of the center console around knee high. Out of sight

kmj.1

Reaction score
I’m thinking about the same thing.

I want easy access to it in case I don’t have my phone and need to change modes but I don’t want it in sight for everyone to see.

I’m thinking currently about putting it on the side of the driver side center console in the forward section of the plastic side map pocket and allowing the excess cable to be stored in the map pocket so it’s Easy to pull out to use. I would Velcro the main unit mounting bracket to the forward inside side of the map pocket for an easy glance at it and to be able to grab it if needed.

I want to find out how to route the cable thru the inside of the center console into the map pocket from under the dash so that it doesn’t have to come up over the side of the console to get into the map pocket.

Just an idea as of now.

Anyone know how to get the harness routed from under the dash and thru the center console and into the driver side map pocket?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawlavigne

Reaction score
Sounds like an interesting plan. My only downside to doing that would be it being very strenuous to remove completely if you had to bring the truck in for servicing. Other than that, that would be a slick setup.

KcRay

Reaction score
I just laid mine on the carpet on top of the transmission hump behind the HVAC system. Right up by the gas pedal on the right. It just sits there, has never moved, all hidden and out of the way. I've had it to the dealer for two services, I don't take it out, or worry about my heater hose AC hack valve being seen. :cool:

kmj.1

Reaction score
For service appointments, I would just unplug the unit at the pedal and replug the original harness and tuck the pedal Commander harness up under the center console, outta sight. And take the Pedal Commander Unit and tuck it down inside of the map pocket, outa sight. Maybe throw a few microfiber rags on top of it in the side map pocket. Should Be hidden at that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is under the carpet by the pedal, right on the plastic there. carpet covers it nicely and the wires are tucked into the carpet. It is completely invisible. Only the zip tie and pig tail give it away and there's enough going on down there you wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking.

Viper1mx

Reaction score
I have the bracket Velcro'd to an unused plastic tab at the bottom of the "dash" , there's two tabs right and left of the hood release, I used the right side which is right in line with the accelerator pedal. You can't see it while sitting in the truck, does not interfere with anything and if needed to remove it's no problem to get to. As to having it "handy" to get to, once the newness of playing around with it for a few days wears off, you pretty much pick a setting and roll with it, I can't imagine wanting to tweak the setting if I didn't have my phone in the truck for a day but to each their own! IMG_20200408_084807.jpg

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Personally, I would never mount it as it never needs to be accessed. Once you find your sweet spot, you set it and forget it. If I want to quickly access it, it's right in the pocket by my knee. Best place I've found to put it.

PC_Mounting.jpg

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is hiding behind the plastic cover by the pedals. I control it from the app. No one knows it's there and i never unplug it to go to the dealer.
Actually on the first few days it was mounted on the blank spot above the Push-Start button but i didn't like it so i hid it.

Users who are viewing this thread