5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mounting iPhone 12 with mag safe?

rwolfe546

Reaction score
Anyone have a iPhone 12 and have a nice MagSafe mount? Pics are welcomed !

joemo

Reaction score
Are you looking for one that charges or just to use the magsafe to mount?

Kilroy

Reaction score
Mine has factory inductive charging, so not needed in my case ;)
I have the 12 Pro Max, in a very "slim" Supcase/Beatle and I can not get it to work with that as it will not position low enough in the holder to charge. The manual says the mount is "adjustable" but I only think that means that the mount is flexible to hold a variety of devices. If I take it out of the case I can "sometimes" get it lined up to work.

jeffauclair

Reaction score
belkin is doing the magsafe vent holder. looks really nice and well made. but i just don’t trust those vent mount. even if belkin is good quality for me vent mounts are not an option.

frostymug

Reaction score
Proclip mount and two-sided tape with Apple MagSafe wireless charging. Works like a charm and very sturdy.

Attachments

• 077B9F02-5F58-4E45-B25E-F7CD920E2703.jpeg
    077B9F02-5F58-4E45-B25E-F7CD920E2703.jpeg
    130.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 0AD288FA-7826-4AB7-A596-EE0EEAC8655F.jpeg
    0AD288FA-7826-4AB7-A596-EE0EEAC8655F.jpeg
    139 KB · Views: 121

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I had a Proclip with my previous vehicle, and it was great. However, with my Ram, CarPlay has replaced my need to dash mount my phone. I place my phone in the center console, where the wireless charging pad would be (my truck doesn’t have that option, but without wireless CarPlay, I’d plug it in regardless).

The biggest drawback of this arrangement is I tend to forget my phone half the time, since it’s out of sight.

jimchi

Reaction score
I had a Proclip with my previous vehicle, and it was great. However, with my Ram, CarPlay has replaced my need to dash mount my phone. I place my phone in the center console, where the wireless charging pad would be (my truck doesn’t have that option, but without wireless CarPlay, I’d plug it in regardless).

The biggest drawback of this arrangement is I tend to forget my phone half the time, since it’s out of sight.
I use the ProClip mount linked below with a cable run behind the radio to the USB port.

ya3coub

Reaction score
I have the 12 Pro Max, in a very "slim" Supcase/Beatle and I can not get it to work with that as it will not position low enough in the holder to charge. The manual says the mount is "adjustable" but I only think that means that the mount is flexible to hold a variety of devices. If I take it out of the case I can "sometimes" get it lined up to work.
I have the 12 max pro with the apple clear magsafe cover it works Fine in my car.

At the beginning yes I was having a problem aligning it in comparison to the 11 pro.

I had the below link installed it was amazing but then changed it to the connected one and rerouted the wire behind the screen and to the bottom where whenever I put my phone it's on carplay.

Users who are viewing this thread