5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mounting Brackets - Power Running Boards

Turaco

Reaction score
Due to an unfortunate event earlier today, I lost the driver side power running board on my Ram, both brackets snapped off. The board itself is intact and I would need the mounting brackets + pins only (set of 2). Is there a way to purchase just the brackets and the pins or do I need to purchase a full running board kit?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Turaco

Reaction score

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Thanks @billhansen! I ended up changing the whole left side assembly. I needed both hinges and that came to about $500, the one with the motor is roughly around $320 discounted. The whole board assembly was $636 including tax in michigan. The install was super easy, took my mechanic about 5 minutes.
Look at it on the bright side. Now you have a spare motor. ;)

Turaco

Reaction score
Look at it on the bright side. Now you have a spare motor. ;)
No I dont, one of the brackets comes with the motor as one piece and in my case both were broken and useless, unless I welded them back together. Even then I would still be missing the pins that hold the bracket together.... I do have an extra board however, and that I will sell on craigslist locally.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
No I dont, one of the brackets comes with the motor as one piece and in my case both were broken and useless, unless I welded them back together. Even then I would still be missing the pins that hold the bracket together.... I do have an extra board however, and that I will sell on craigslist locally.
Ahh. Bummer.

Shadow68

Reaction score
Due to an unfortunate event earlier today, I lost the driver side power running board on my Ram, both brackets snapped off. The board itself is intact and I would need the mounting brackets
I have this exact same issue with my 2021 (and I really like the way it was worded - so I adopt that explanation as well)
I was wondering if anything has changed in the last 30+ months.
I don't need the entire "hinge" piece - I simply need the brackets that attach the hinges to the board itself... If anyone has learned anything new I would appreciate the insight.
Otherwise, if I'm destined toe the same fate as Turaco - if anyone has suggestions on the most cost effective way to acquire the board assembly - I'd appreciate that info as well
Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread