5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mototrend Work Truck Comparison

Rustydodge

Reaction score
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ram...hevrolet-silverado-1500-wt-comparison-review/

Worth the read. Ram seems to dominate, with best base engine and transmission, best interior, best ride (both unloaded, and loaded over capacity, and towing), best efficiency, good braking and great overall performance

They shouldn't have sent one with the chrome package, as the price wouldn't have seemed so high.

Surprising (or is it?) how bad the Chevy handled when being the only truck loaded under its payload rating.

Also surprising how poorly the F150 braked when loaded, despite having the best unloaded stopping distance. Just goes to show how well Ram engineers there vehicles.

Texagonian

Reaction score
Oregon or Texas depending on weather or mood.
I'm shocked they ranked the Ford XL below the Chevy Work Truck. I used to be a Chevy guy, and I had the displeasure of driving a new fleet one for 2 days. Day 3 was me twisting arms to get an older one.

It literally feels like a flimsy S10 when loaded.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The looks alone don't cut the mustard. Monstrosity is a word that comes to mind. The mini bowtie offset to the drivers side is the cherry on this aesthetic disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread