5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mototrend 2019 GMC Article

Rustydodge

Reaction score

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
I saw that today. I think in the grand scheme of things, the 2019 Sierra is gonna be a half-hearted swing and a miss.

The value proposition really isn't there unless you're a die-hard GMC loyalist, since the fully loaded Sierra (including the carbon bed and adaptive cruise) has got to be pushing $80k and doesn't have anything that truly sets itself apart from the competition. You can't expect that kinda dough and not try *at all* on the interior, especially without having at least one killer feature.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I saw that today. I think in the grand scheme of things, the 2019 Sierra is gonna be a half-hearted swing and a miss.

The value proposition really isn't there unless you're a die-hard GMC loyalist, since the fully loaded Sierra (including the carbon bed and adaptive cruise) has got to be pushing $80k and doesn't have anything that truly sets itself apart from the competition. You can't expect that kinda dough and not try *at all* on the interior, especially without having at least one killer feature.
Agreed. It has a great drivetrain (but not a new one, and second to Ford in output). The interior fails to match the previous standard (Ford) and isn't even comparable to the Longhorn or Limited. You can't realistically raise the bar on pricing without a class-leading product. For GMC fans, a 2018 Sierra Denali at $14K off of sticker seems to be a MUCH better deal...with almost no compromises.

habu987

Reaction score
Agreed. It has a great drivetrain (but not a new one, and second to Ford in output). The interior fails to match the previous standard (Ford) and isn't even comparable to the Longhorn or Limited. You can't realistically raise the bar on pricing without a class-leading product. For GMC fans, a 2018 Sierra Denali at $14K off of sticker seems to be a MUCH better deal...with almost no compromises.
Yeah, and Motortrend aptly points out than you can get the same drivetrain and interior in the Silverado High Country for way less. I really don't know what GMC was thinking with their pricing. Put the sticker at $60-65k and sure, I can see how you could potentially justify it, especially if you're a GM loyalist. Are the tailgate and bed really worth an extra $15k+, though?

Last edited:

XDBrad

Reaction score
I was one of those “GMC loyalists” until July. Honestly not only was I a loyalist, I had turned my nose up at Dodge for many years. The blah factor of both the 2018 and 2019 GMC’s coupled with how far RAM is ahead sold me. As I said, I had turned my nose up at Dodge/RAM because of reliability issues but there was enough of a difference (quite significant actually) to help me swallow my pride and take the risk of longevity and reliability. So far I’m absolutely convinced moving to RAM was the right decision. I just love driving this truck!

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was one of those “GMC loyalists” until July. Honestly not only was I a loyalist, I had turned my nose up at Dodge for many years. The blah factor of both the 2018 and 2019 GMC’s coupled with how far RAM is ahead sold me. As I said, I had turned my nose up at Dodge/RAM because of reliability issues but there was enough of a difference (quite significant actually) to help me swallow my pride and take the risk of longevity and reliability. So far I’m absolutely convinced moving to RAM was the right decision. I just love driving this truck!
Agreed on all counts. Loving this beautiful new truck, but reliability is my primary concern as well. If the Ram treats me well over the next couple of years, I'll be snagging a lifetime warranty and holding onto it indefinitely.

syddog 2000

Reaction score
I was a convert to Ram when the 4th Gen was released. When I saw the unveil at the Detroit Auto show I was hooked. I have never looked back. RIP Sergio for saving this brand. They are head and shoulders above the rest.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I could be wrong but I was under the impression you can't even get adaptive cruise on the 2019 GM trucks.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I could be wrong but I was under the impression you can't even get adaptive cruise on the 2019 GM trucks.
Right. You can get a sweet color heads-up display, which looks cool, but you can’t get adaptive cruise control, which is a Godsend in highway traffic. I’m not understanding some of the choices.

habu987

Reaction score
Per the article: "Neither of our GMCs had the carbon bed or adaptive cruise control, both of which won't be available until mid-2019 at the earliest." Of course, if GM adaptive cruise finally shows up in 2025, the article would still be correct... :D

Users who are viewing this thread