5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

motor sound noise ( like turning on home central AC) under the bed after parking and closing the door ?

Jingtao

Reaction score
a few time after parking, leaving the door open for a few minutes, once closing the door, just heard some motor sound noise ( something like turning on home central AC) for a few seconds ( less than 10s) if closing the door right away after getting off the trunk, haven't heard such thing. I do have 4-corner air suspension, but did not turn on exit feature. not sure what is it ?

Couchsachraga

Reaction score
Air compressor. My 2019 does it as well sometimes, as did 2007 land rover

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, that's your air suspension auto leveling. It always has power so it's always looking for level. Adjustments could be due to loads, temp changes, etc.
You'll get used to it.

QuasarZ

Reaction score
I have a noise kind of like that after I park but I don’t have auto suspension. What is that?

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Could be the cooling fan, its electric and on a t stat and turns on when needed, so if the trucks parked and the ac is running it will cycle on and off to keep coolant temp down the other noise you might be hearing is the electric parking break setting itself

67 RT

Reaction score
I have a noise kind of like that after I park but I don’t have auto suspension. What is that?
Mine does it occasionally as well with no air suspension. It sounds like a small electric motor running for about 5-10 seconds.

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Mine does it occasionally as well with no air suspension. It sounds like a small electric motor running for about 5-10 seconds.
Thats the electronic parking brake, I believe it calibrates itself shortly after the truck turns off.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most likely, it's the evap system evacuating fuel vapors. My mother had a Toyota Venza that did this and it was loud as heck, sounded like once of those mini handheld desk fans with paper caught in it...

Users who are viewing this thread