5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motohorn air horns????

CharlieP

Reaction score
Just seen a Ad for the Motohorn airhorns and was wondering if anyone on this Forum has installed them?

Ratchet

Reaction score
You get what you pay for. Try these guys.

XmikeX

Reaction score
I Want to put a horn in my truck just trying to figure out where to locate the tank. I see some people who took out their spare but I would like to keep that option. some of the kits from the website you poster Richard seem to have smaller tanks that might be easier to hide.

Bob.

Reaction score
I just installed horns off of the last truck a Silverado. Any air horn can be made to work. air compressor.jpg air horns.jpg

This kit is a Kleinn GM-KIT 1. I had to custom fit them to work on the Ram.
I placed the air compressor and air tank into the cooler. Everything is bolted down so it can't slide around. The yellow air line is my tank drain which runs to the tailgate of the truck. I put back the tonneau cover and no one sees what I got in back in the body. The cooler protects the air compressor in the event I use the truck like a truck.

The horns are under the passenger door, You can see the horns a little if you look. I angled them down so if rain gets in, it will drain.
Tested and working. Took a long time to install over 12 hours. No joking. painstakingly slow to do.

Best part about this set-up you don't hear the air compressor running unless you stand on the side of the body stop be still and listen. The cooler has great sound proofing qualities!

Look at the frame. The thinnest metal I've ever seen!

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I Want to put a horn in my truck just trying to figure out where to locate the tank. I see some people who took out their spare but I would like to keep that option. some of the kits from the website you poster Richard seem to have smaller tanks that might be easier to hide.
I have a kit all installed under my truck with a 5 gallon tank and I still have my spare. It’s plenty of room especially if you don’t have the 33 gallon tank

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I‘ve always thought the Vixen air tank with the integrated compressor was an interesting idea.

A compact all in one unit but I don’t know how long you can toot your horn with a one gallon tank at 150 PSI?

Bob.

Reaction score
I‘ve always thought the Vixen air tank with the integrated compressor was an interesting idea.

A compact all in one unit but I don’t know how long you can toot your horn with a one gallon tank at 150 PSI?
I get about 5 seconds before the horns start to fade

Malodave

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I still have to move my Nathans from my 2008 Big Horn to my 2021 Laramie Ecodiesel.
Look here for the install pics on the Big Horn:

Malodave

AV8OR

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I know there are a lot of variables but what size tank do you need so you can at least sit at the adult table?

Five gallons?

Bob.

Reaction score
That's with a 1 gallon tank. A bigger tank will give you an option to run more horns at the same time, plus an option to air up your tires if you need too.
My kit was made for gm trucks to fit under the hood. Price was $500.
For me it's just a toy to make noise, but it's very loud, make no mistake about the little tank size.
I have moved cars over out of my lane in a hurry when they do drifting moves into me.
Makes me chuckle when I wake them up.
It's a lot of money, but it's worth it if you desire such toys.

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So is there a horn out there that anyone knows of that will give killer loud mooo? Im gonna be driving a longhorn, im serous about this! Or even will play back recording?

New1500customram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Holy Fu_ckin Sh!t, i mean cow patty! I have to buy this! i think i am dreaming! how much does this cost and where can i buy it now! this is all i want for Christmas, telling my wife to return any gifts she bought me and get this.
Can you image peoples faces when i hit this button at a red light?

Richard320

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
Holy Fu_ckin Sh!t, i mean cow patty! I have to buy this! i think i am dreaming! how much does this cost and where can i buy it now! this is all i want for Christmas, telling my wife to return any gifts she bought me and get this.
Can you image peoples faces when i hit this button at a red light?
The link to buy is quoted in my post

XmikeX

Reaction score
I have a kit all installed under my truck with a 5 gallon tank and I still have my spare. It’s plenty of room especially if you don’t have the 33 gallon tank
Do you happen to have any pictures of where you located it, and where did you put the button?

XmikeX

Reaction score
The all in one tank seems like a pretty cool idea. How many horns are you able to run with the little tank?

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
Hornblasters fits perfectly in Ram Box…has port on top to pump up on the go. And oh yeah and it’s LOUD as all hell!

Attachments

• 80BBBA82-29F2-48BC-8535-5C139AC2255C.jpeg
    80BBBA82-29F2-48BC-8535-5C139AC2255C.jpeg
    106.5 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread