5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motofab spacers sizes

Choppa

Reaction score
Hi all,

I ordered the Motofab 2.5f/1.5r level kit and just received them. Front spacers measure 1.5" and so do the rear. So how does the front raise me 2.5 inches with a 1.5 inch spacer, thoroughly confused here.

20220403_131914.jpg 20220403_131938.jpg

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So don’t quote me 100% on this but I have seen that generally the actual size of the spacer doesn’t match the stated lift height. I forget the exact wording but basically the way the front ones mount they generally give close to a 2:1 ratio so 1.5” will give you 2.5”-3” a lot of time. As far as these being the same height front and rear, either A) it’s a mistake lol; or B) it’s because of how the spacers mount. In the front they sit on top of the strut and generally do that 2:1 thing I mentioned. In the back it’s going to sit actually inside/on top of the coil so it doesn’t have that same 2:1 effect. So in my opinion they probably sent you the correct spacers.

Choppa

Reaction score
So don’t quote me 100% on this but I have seen that generally the actual size of the spacer doesn’t match the stated lift height. I forget the exact wording but basically the way the front ones mount they generally give close to a 2:1 ratio so 1.5” will give you 2.5”-3” a lot of time. As far as these being the same height front and rear, either A) it’s a mistake lol; or B) it’s because of how the spacers mount. In the front they sit on top of the strut and generally do that 2:1 thing I mentioned. In the back it’s going to sit actually inside/on top of the coil so it doesn’t have that same 2:1 effect. So in my opinion they probably sent you the correct spacers.
Thank you, I found an install video for the 3" and it measured at 2" but explained the geometry reasoning behind it. Considering I wanted to be 3" or more I ordered the 3"f/2"r kit instead. With the ORP of 1' already it should put me at the 3" I want.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm I wouldn’t add a 3 inch spacer on top of the ORP coils in the front because it’ll jack up your CV and UCA angles. I also wouldn’t add a 2 inch spacer to the rear ORP coils because it’ll shift your axle to one side and forward a pretty noticeable amount. 2.5/1.5” kit is as large as you should go and is what is recommended.

Choppa

Reaction score
Hmm I wouldn’t add a 3 inch spacer on top of the ORP coils in the front because it’ll jack up your CV and UCA angles. I also wouldn’t add a 2 inch spacer to the rear ORP coils because it’ll shift your axle to one side and forward a pretty noticeable amount. 2.5/1.5” kit is as large as you should go and is what is recommended.
I was planning on replacing the UCAs. Didn't realize I would have an issue in the rear though. Granted from the reviews I read with people going this route there weren't any complaints, however I don't know how long they have been running this setup either.

I really appreciate the information, time to do more digging.

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I was planning on replacing the UCAs. Didn't realize I would have an issue in the rear though. Granted from the reviews I read with people going this route there weren't any complaints, however I don't know how long they have been running this setup either.

I really appreciate the information, time to do more digging.
Even with aftermarket UCAs you’re still putting a lot of stress on the stock components. There’s a reason once you get to the 4 inch lifts up front or 3 inch lifts in the rear they come with all the necessary drop down/relocation brackets to keep factory geometry. If your truck didn’t already have ORP coils then you’d be fine. But I’d say about 99% of people out there agree that at 4” and up you need a full lift kit.

Choppa

Reaction score
Even with aftermarket UCAs you’re still putting a lot of stress on the stock components. There’s a reason once you get to the 4 inch lifts up front or 3 inch lifts in the rear they come with all the necessary drop down/relocation brackets to keep factory geometry. If your truck didn’t already have ORP coils then you’d be fine. But I’d say about 99% of people out there agree that at 4” and up you need a full lift kit.
Ok got it. So I stick with the 2.5/1.5 and should be good. I already have the Rough Country forged UCAs for 3 to 3.5 lift, ok to use or no?

SKT Customs

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
That’s definitely what I would do! And yes they’ll work perfect!

Choppa

Reaction score
Thank you so much, I appreciate the schooling.

I checked out your Instagram, gorgeous truck 👏(y)

Louhound88

Reaction score
Yeah I have the 2.5" motofab front leveling spacers. Measured them too and fount the same, about 1.5" not the 2.5" it claimed. then read the manual it came with and it said size of spacer is not the same as achieved lift. lol. Wasn't convinced but sure enough after install it's 2.5" of added height.

My front angles are all fine and I don't expect any ball joint failures. Though may in the future upgrade shocks, uca, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread