5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motofab DR-2 Kit - 2020 Ram Rebel

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed the DR-2 kit from Motofab on my Rebel last week and wanted to provide some thoughts. This kit should give me 2” of front lift.

Installation:
The overall process is straight forward, the upper ball joints can be a pain but with a big enough hammer they’ll pop out eventually. Video below walks through the install. For basic leveling kits I prefer the top hat style spacer because it’s easier/safer to install.

Ride impact:
The ride was not impacted enough for me to notice. I’m still running factory UCAs for the time being.

Final measurements:
With the 2” level up front I gained a real work 1.5-1.75” of lift so I still have a 1/2” rake which is a-ok with me. For those looking to go to a 2.5” kit, you may be nose high.

Aesthetics:
Love the look and this should satisfy me until I can pick up a more completely 2.5” lift kit and tires.

c05097e36439c12cef67b10ad20af559.jpg

Reaction score
Just have say that I have enjoyed your Rebel content since finding your channel on the good ol Tubes of you. Keep up the good work.

Detritivores

Reaction score
Thanks for the video and review.

I need to do DR-2 kit. I noticed on the instructions it says if I have the off road package (I assume the rebel is the same?) I may need to compress the springs and flip the upper spacer assembly 180 degrees. I watched your video and didn't see you needing to do that however.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the video and review.

I need to do DR-2 kit. I noticed on the instructions it says if I have the off road package (I assume the rebel is the same?) I may need to compress the springs and flip the upper spacer assembly 180 degrees. I watched your video and didn't see you needing to do that however.

With the top hat spacer kit there’s no need to mess with the spring so not sure why they’d include that but I did have to rotate my struts 180 degrees for the bolts to line up for reassembly.

Users who are viewing this thread