5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motofab Bolts Backing Off

Ryno

Reaction score
I didn’t notice this last night when installing the right side, in the dark; but the bolts that comes with the kit are backing off when tightening the nut. I guess I need to pull the whole thing off and start over?

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What is the model number of whatever you’re having an issue with, and do you have any pics of what you’re talking about?

Ryno

Reaction score
What is the model number of whatever you’re having an issue with, and do you have any pics of what you’re talking about?
I have the 2” spacer kit.

Here is the right side, that I did last night.

And the left side after taking apart and retorquing.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 20

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have the motofabs so I’m not sure- are those bolts splined? At this point, I don’t think there’s any way to avoid taking that back off to see what’s going on.

Ryno

Reaction score
I don’t have the motofabs so I’m not sure- are those bolts splined? At this point, I don’t think there’s any way to avoid taking that back off to see what’s going on.
Yeah, They’re not splined, and an Allen wrench alone isn’t enough. I’ll pull the right side back apart after lunch.

Users who are viewing this thread