5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morimoto XB Led Hybrid headlights upgrade

JCR1500

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, just wondering if anyone had installed the Morimoto XB LED Hybrid headlights on a Bighorn yet? Really want to install these and wanted to see if anyone had done it yet and how is the reliability.

Thanks

Sdc1213

Reaction score
I installed them about 4 months ago. The 2nd gen version are very bright and project far down the road. I may end up taking mine off and selling them. This isn't due to any issues with them, just when you clock them at proper headlight beam aim (2" drop over 25ft), people think you're high beaming them when you're driving up and down on a hilly road.

These are perfect for wooded areas in which you need additional light to see far down the road. I do a lot of driving in neighborhoods and crowded areas, so I was thinking about going back to stock and using a lightbar for the times I really need the extra light. Nothing against Morimoto at all, they built a good product (maybe too good?) with crazy light output.

I also have the Morimoto 4 Banger Fogs in NCS and they do extremely well to complement each other.

Also the bugs have been worked out on the 2nd Gen version of the headlights.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread