5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morimoto XB LED Headlights

MaximumTwenty

Reaction score
Just had the same thing happen with mine. Contacted Jeremy McFail @retroshop and he said he was going to submit a warranty claim on my behalf. Hopefully all goes smoothly. I wouldn't be opposed to a wiring harness fix, as I REALLY don't want to disassemble the whole truck again.

Reaction score
Just had the same thing happen with mine. Contacted Jeremy McFail @retroshop and he said he was going to submit a warranty claim on my behalf. Hopefully all goes smoothly. I wouldn't be opposed to a wiring harness fix, as I REALLY don't want to disassemble the whole truck again.

Surprise, you have to do it to put in the new harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoeman

Reaction score
Surprise, you have to do it to put in the new harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What does the new harness look like. I had the same problem with my sequential turn signals. Put them in in February and have had every issue you can think of from them staying on solid to not working at all. They sent me resistors that are identical to the ones already installed on the lights. Installed them and it made no difference. Going to call them to see what to do going forward. What does the harness look like

Reaction score
What does the harness look like? A had one Morimoto rep tell me that they have a harness that fixes the issue. Another rep told me they have to replace the lights. I’m about to pack these things up and ask for a full refund.

What does the new harness look like. I had the same problem with my sequential turn signals. Put them in in February and have had every issue you can think of from them staying on solid to not working at all. They sent me resistors that are identical to the ones already installed on the lights. Installed them and it made no difference. Going to call them to see what to do going forward. What does the harness look like

Welp, mine started acting up again. Got in touch with Morimoto, they’re working a “proven” replacement.

Attachments

• EF09AD3E-C62F-4384-9049-41886CE6F903.png
    EF09AD3E-C62F-4384-9049-41886CE6F903.png
    304.6 KB · Views: 46

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man I was really close to going with these lights when I upgraded to LED. Reason I almost did was the 5 year warranty. I’m glad I went with OEM, this would drive me insane

Reaction score
What did you decide to do?

Man I was really close to going with these lights when I upgraded to LED. Reason I almost did was the 5 year warranty. I’m glad I went with OEM, this would drive me insane

The replacements are rock solid. I tested them in the Mohave Desert the weekend that I installed them, world record temperatures... 130 degrees plus and never gave me a single problem. My original lights started acting up when temperatures were around 90 degrees. All seems well! Sure is a relief...

Users who are viewing this thread