5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morimoto XB LED Headlights

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Those with the halogens lights converting to Morimoto/Recon/etc....are you going into AlfaOBD and changing the bulb settings to LED? That could very well be the problem. Those headlight companies probably didn't build in the load resistance of halogen/incandescent bulbs.

Reaction score
Morimoto's had to do with the heat inside the engine compartment... they have since sent out replacement harnesses that have solved my issue with them.

Last edited:

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Morimoto's had to do with the head inside the engine compartment... they have since sent out replacement harnesses that have solved my issue with them.
Do you have any pictures with the morimoto headlights installed?

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Perfect. Same exact truck I have. Happen to have anymore pictures of the truck with the headlights?

Code2medic

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed the new Morimoto XB LED Headlights into a factory Halogen truck? I just installed mine and everything works great for the first 30 minutes running then the turn signals go solid and stay on even with no blinker or hazards on. If the truck is shut off they go right back to blinking. The rest of the truck (side mirrors and tailights) flash normally the entire time. Has anyone experianced this issue before or have any ideas to try? Thanks in advance.
I have the sv4 in all my 4runners with halogen projectors and mustang gt all are running strong 6 years plus later.... and bright the last pic in on bulb from a factory headlight on the mustang gt. Projectors it would look even better which it does on my 08 4Runner

I’d put them in my 2020 Ram but it already has LED headlights and fog light

Attachments

• BAFC0C5C-8BEE-4C17-9752-5589CD49113E.jpeg
    BAFC0C5C-8BEE-4C17-9752-5589CD49113E.jpeg
    134.9 KB · Views: 32
  • FD4A6553-A248-4E4C-8930-00FDE81E3F4F.jpeg
    FD4A6553-A248-4E4C-8930-00FDE81E3F4F.jpeg
    98.2 KB · Views: 32
  • E46ED8C8-EDFF-4DAD-B9D7-C22ECB258FF6.jpeg
    E46ED8C8-EDFF-4DAD-B9D7-C22ECB258FF6.jpeg
    96.8 KB · Views: 32

Condor757

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious why anyone with the factory LED lights would want to switch to aftermarket (other than looks)..? The factory LEDs already put out amazing light along with the fogs, can’t imagine anything aftermarket beating them.

ironox

Reaction score
I believe Morimoto must have corrected the issue within the housing heat. I upgraded several weeks back to the XBs and have had no issues. IMO these are solid OEM alternatives, and I like the look better.

Attachments

• Nova 1.jpg
    Nova 1.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 120
Reaction score
I believe Morimoto must have corrected the issue within the housing heat. I upgraded several weeks back to the XBs and have had no issues. IMO these are solid OEM alternatives, and I like the look better.

I’m sure they have, I bought mine on pre-order and worked with them on the solution. Morimoto sent me a resistor harness to solder in and I haven’t had problems since so I’m assuming they incorporated that into assemblies that have since shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those look awesome. Did you have to adjust them to get the light shining right onto the road?

ironox

Reaction score
Those look awesome. Did you have to adjust them to get the light shining right onto the road?
The beams weren't at the same level, but they were super easy to adjust vertically.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Marcinjian

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed the new Morimoto XB LED Headlights into a factory Halogen truck? I just installed mine and everything works great for the first 30 minutes running then the turn signals go solid and stay on even with no blinker or hazards on. If the truck is shut off they go right back to blinking. The rest of the truck (side mirrors and tailights) flash normally the entire time. Has anyone experianced this issue before or have any ideas to try? Thanks in advance.
I've had my for 2 months and today the turn signal stayed on on the driver side. Every time I turn the signal it stays on. Not sure what to do now. I sold my old headlights. Gonna try to see if morimoto is helpful at all.

Reaction score
I've had my for 2 months and today the turn signal stayed on on the driver side. Every time I turn the signal it stays on. Not sure what to do now. I sold my old headlights. Gonna try to see if morimoto is helpful at all.

Known problem, they’ll send you a harness to correct the issue. I had the same problem, haven’t had one issue since installing the new harness.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had mine about a month or more now. So far no issues. If I do have issues hopefully morimoto will honor the 5 year warranty

White20201500

Reaction score
I’ve had a set for a month and this just started happening. Contacted my seller, waiting to hear back. What ended up happening with yours?

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had mine about a month or more now. So far no issues. If I do have issues hopefully morimoto will honor the 5 year warranty
I have morimlto XB fog lights and they have flickered since day one and they have not been any help at all..

Reaction score
They have not fixed the problem. They just sent me a replacement set and they do the same as the first set. Once it heats up, the turn signals stay on

they sent me a new harness and mine haven’t acted up yet. where about do you live?

White20201500

Reaction score
Near Houston TX
they sent me a new harness and mine haven’t acted up yet. where about do you live?

What does the harness look like? A had one Morimoto rep tell me that they have a harness that fixes the issue. Another rep told me they have to replace the lights. I’m about to pack these things up and ask for a full refund.

Users who are viewing this thread