5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More truck bed hooks?

notoriouskeef

Reaction score
Just picked up a 21 big horn night edition crew cab. I would like some more hooks in the bed. Currently it just has the ones on the bottom 4 corners. I would like 4 more towards the top of the bed underneath the tenneau cover. What options are there? I did a quick search on these forums and amazon and didn't find much.

thanks

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added the utility rails. They were worth it; I don't use them often but when I need them it's nice to have a top set of cleats. I'm baffled that trucks don't just come with top and bottom hard-bolted cleats. In the old days trucks would have side cleats on the bed, and when they didn't have those they would have pocket holes on the bed rail or a pronounced bed lip that would hold a bungee/strap hook securely. But I noticed at least my last 3 or 4 trucks going back to 99 or 2000 or so only had bottom options, and you had to come up with your own upper options.

swing4terps

Reaction score
I’m coming from a Sierra which was pre-slotted left, middle, right on the front wall (behind cab) for tie down anchors. Was surprised to see there are no options on these trucks.

They were great for transporting things like lumber/drywall. Could rope through the hook, down around the drywall and back up allowing you to leave the tailgate open with no worry of them sliding out.

Any ideas or recommendations that don’t involve drilling into the bed?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m coming from a Sierra which was pre-slotted left, middle, right on the front wall (behind cab) for tie down anchors. Was surprised to see there are no options on these trucks.

They were great for transporting things like lumber/drywall. Could rope through the hook, down around the drywall and back up allowing you to leave the tailgate open with no worry of them sliding out.

Any ideas or recommendations that don’t involve drilling into the bed?
Yes, buy the Mopar side rails. They mount right in existing slots in the bed and the cleats are movable. Won't help you with anything on the front bed wall but if you push a set of cleats all the way forward, you can use the top and bottom to make an X for holding anything in.

Users who are viewing this thread