5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More parts shortages

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Called a couple other dealers today, just to see if they could touch the pricing/terms of the one I'm about to order from. One said that if you want the regular non-eT HEMI to get it while you can. RAM is really limiting its availability and may end it soon. EPA and all that.

Also, unless it changed since last week, you can't get Advanced Safety Group because of the chip shortage. I don't know about Limited Level 1, which is basically ASG plus the HK audio system.

Matrixband

Reaction score
Called a couple other dealers today, just to see if they could touch the pricing/terms of the one I'm about to order from. One said that if you want the regular non-eT HEMI to get it while you can. RAM is really limiting its availability and may end it soon. EPA and all that.

Also, unless it changed since last week, you can't get Advanced Safety Group because of the chip shortage. I don't know about Limited Level 1, which is basically ASG plus the HK audio system.
I tried to order today and they said no Longhorn Level One group. They could not get it to go through. Not sure why, but could be the chip shortage. I will not order without the options I want including the Safety group. The dealer did mention new orders shipping with only one key fob.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the worst time in the history of our lifetimes to be wanting a new car/truck. Post pandemic hangover.
Now is the time to tidy-up your current ride and ride out the next 12-18 months.
Look at it as saving your money for a better truck in 2023.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the worst time in the history of our lifetimes to be wanting a new car/truck. Post pandemic hangover.
Now is the time to tidy-up your current ride and ride out the next 12-18 months.

I agree, but I ended up needing one. The one good side is I will be getting what I paid for my 2017 2 years and 35k miles ago, rather than about $5-6,000 less if the used market was normal. I know overall I'm still not doing the greatest, but my 2017 was about to need some work and I didn't want to start putting anything into it. Got a little over 16% off my order with 0%, so not the worst, not the best. Now the thing needs to actually get built.

Like the housing market, great time to sell but good luck buying something else to get into.

brewdad

Reaction score
Mid-cycle refresh for Ram 1500 is suppose to be the 2023 model year, so I plan to wait until late next year to order.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried to order today and they said no Longhorn Level One group. They could not get it to go through. Not sure why, but could be the chip shortage. I will not order without the options I want including the Safety group. The dealer did mention new orders shipping with only one key fob.
I just ordered a Limited today and the Adv Safety Group was available, though I didn't get it.

wallyuwl

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure I agree. I ordered a Limited today. The used market is nuts, so I am $4100 more on my Laramie trade than purchase price last Sept. Not great rebates, but high trims don't have great rebates even in a normal market. And 0% is available and locked in. You can still get a good dealer discount if you know where to look. MSRP have skyrocketed in the past 9 months with no signs of slowing, a 2023 will be at least $2k more than a comparable build now. Inflation is here.

Buz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not sure I agree. I ordered a Limited today. The used market is nuts, so I am $4100 more on my Laramie trade than purchase price last Sept. Not great rebates, but high trims don't have great rebates even in a normal market. And 0% is available and locked in. You can still get a good dealer discount if you know where to look. MSRP have skyrocketed in the past 9 months with no signs of slowing, a 2023 will be at least $2k more than a comparable build now. Inflation is here.
I’m surprised Limited’s are still available to order? They have more chips than any other trim. Maybe they’re focusing their chips on the Limited’s right now because there a certain expectation with that trim.
If a person absolutely needs a new truck then now would be good time to sell their used one at top dollar then find a base Tradesman on the lot, drive it for a year or so, don’t modify anything on it, then trade it in 2023 on a new truck.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m surprised Limited’s are still available to order? They have more chips than any other trim. Maybe they’re focusing their chips on the Limited’s right now because there a certain expectation with that trim.
That's exactly what I was told by the sales rep when I asked that question.

If a person absolutely needs a new truck then now would be good time to sell their used one at top dollar then find a base Tradesman on the lot, drive it for a year or so, don’t modify anything on it, then trade it in 2023 on a new truck.
Meh, I've owned a Tradesman and I wasn't thrilled. No way I'd go back to driving one after owning a higher trim level. I'm trading in my Laramie for a Limited tomorrow morning that's equipped exactly the way I was going to order one. The trade in value on my Laramie is higher than what I paid for it new 18 months ago, which is allowing me to get rid of the negative equity I foolishly carried into this Laramie, and then some. $11k positive equity combined with a couple of rebates I qualified for and 0% financing, and I'm coming out ahead. Plus I'm getting the truck I really wanted when I settled for the Laramie because of cost. It's almost like they are paying me to get this truck LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread