5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Headlight Fun

Juan_nene

Reaction score
I need the hive mind here as I’m running out of ideas. Two days ago my LED headlight (right side) started flickering. The the high beam gets illuminated and stays on even after turning the truck off. Contacted Retroshop and they send out another harness as we thought that was the issue. Installed the new one tonight, tested it at home and everything was good. Head out earlier this evening and I noticed a slight flicker from the right lamp. I turned the control from auto to on and the flickering stopped but the high beam came on in that light and stays on when the headlamp is on. When I change the HL selector to parking, the high shuts off but when the driving lamps are on, the high beam is on for that side only.
since the harness has been switched and the wiring looks good, what should I look at next?
They worked fine for over a month until I had the tires switched two days ago (coincidentally).
Did you ever find a fix ? It just happened to my truck exactly like how you said it. I also contacted retroshop and they are going to send new harness but I don’t have much hope .

OhMyGADO

Reaction score
I need the hive mind here as I’m running out of ideas. Two days ago my LED headlight (right side) started flickering. The the high beam gets illuminated and stays on even after turning the truck off. Contacted Retroshop and they send out another harness as we thought that was the issue. Installed the new one tonight, tested it at home and everything was good. Head out earlier this evening and I noticed a slight flicker from the right lamp. I turned the control from auto to on and the flickering stopped but the high beam came on in that light and stays on when the headlamp is on. When I change the HL selector to parking, the high shuts off but when the driving lamps are on, the high beam is on for that side only.
since the harness has been switched and the wiring looks good, what should I look at next?
They worked fine for over a month until I had the tires switched two days ago (coincidentally).

Sorry to revive an old thread, but did you ever find a fix? Mine just started doing the same. I had to disconnect the battery in order to turn off the passenger side high beam. I already contacted retroshop. Idk not much hope haha.

Renegade3

Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, but did you ever find a fix? Mine just started doing the same. I had to disconnect the battery in order to turn off the passenger side high beam. I already contacted retroshop. Idk not much hope haha.
Unfortunately I didn’t. Ended up trading that ram for a 23 built to serve with LEDs

Users who are viewing this thread