5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Aggressive Look But Tame On the Road?

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Cooper AT3 4S. I have a set on mine, couldn't be more pleased. Didn't kill the gas mileage, handle very well, quiet for an AT tire. Walked thru the snow and ice last winter without complaint. Rainey roads don't matter. They do OK off road, but they are not rock crawler, extreme mud tires. No regrets from my use and point of view.
THIS. Very happy with AT3 4s

JerryBsizzle

Reaction score
I ordered a '23 Limited and would like to swap the tires with something more aggressive looking. I'm not off-roading except maybe to pull a stump or haul something thru the woods (but not often). 95% on the road. I'm in Pittsburgh so they'd have to be decent in the snow.

In sum - looking for good road tire with meaner look. 🙂.

Any recommendations? Thanks all!
In the last 5 years I've ran BFG KO2, KM3, Goodyear Duratracs, Territory, Toyo RT, Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT and now Falken Wildpeaks, I can't recommend anything else over the Wildpeaks. They are GREAT! And the 35s have a 20mm tread depth, more than all those others.

Soundchasr

Reaction score
In the last 5 years I've ran BFG KO2, KM3, Goodyear Duratracs, Territory, Toyo RT, Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT and now Falken Wildpeaks, I can't recommend anything else over the Wildpeaks. They are GREAT! And the 35s have a 20mm tread depth, more than all those others.
I'd love the Wildpeaks but they don't come in 305/45.

Waynebudke

Reaction score
Di
Cooper AT3 4S. I have a set on mine, couldn't be more pleased. Didn't kill the gas mileage, handle very well, quiet for an AT tire. Walked thru the snow and ice last winter without complaint. Rainey roads don't matter. They do OK off road, but they are not rock crawler, extreme mud tires. No regrets from my use and point of view.
did you stick with the stock size tire

Fillet1

Reaction score
Do you have experience with these? I'm thinking about getting them. I've heard good things about ride quality but I still want the "tough" look
I had a set on my 17 Laramie and on my new 22. They look tougher than stock, have way better wet traction and Haven’t affected milage. They don’t look like a ridge grappler but a good compromise in my book.

jmrhodes212

Reaction score
I went with the Bridgestone Revo 3s on my 22 Limited. Little more aggressive looking than the conti's, but are supposed to perform near the same. Dropped rim size from 22 to 20 and went with 275/65/20. Dropping to a 20" rim saved me half the cost of the rims because the tires are so much cheaper. Also, they have to be the lightest AT tire out there. The E rated ones I bought only weigh 53 lbs. Hopefully that will help with the hit to mpgs.

I put about 25K a year on, so I should have some good feedback this spring.

gofishn

Reaction score
I ordered a '23 Limited and would like to swap the tires with something more aggressive looking. I'm not off-roading except maybe to pull a stump or haul something thru the woods (but not often). 95% on the road. I'm in Pittsburgh so they'd have to be decent in the snow.

Hmm...in essence, desire an extremely firm, D cup, with long distance Runners body?

That about right?

Reldn

Reaction score

While I'm not running them on my Ram (yet). I'm really fond of the Maxxis Razr AT. I run them on both my Jeep and 4Runner currently. Suitably aggressive, quiet, good grip in wet conditions and three-peak rated.
PXL_20221019_165939114.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread