5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Window Visors Fitment

drush

Reaction score
Hey everyone

Just have two questions.

1) does everyone else have this little ridge in the window seal after install?

2) was I supposed to remove this random black tape?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was supposed to install a set yesterday, but the owner had his windows tinted and forgot to wait 48 hrs.
What does the enclosed paperwork say when you installed it? The paper(s) have pretty good directions.

I'll know more Monday when I install them .. looking at putting a set on my own rig when it gets here as well.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
... wish I had brought the boxset home with me ..
as I look closer, that 'tape' looks mire like a 'paint protector masking' which may be used to keep the plexiglass/plastic from cutting into the rubber seal/door paint.

drush

Reaction score
Yah that’s why I haven’t taken it off. But it just looks crappy - you would think it would be more uniform and straight

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OK, I installed them on the 2019 Rebel yesterday. No "pushed" tightness like yours' shows on the railing edge.
Did you pull the rubber seal down like the instructions showed? I didn't .. I slide them as far forward as possible.
The instructions also say to slide up into the 'outermost' seal (flap), but if you did, then you'd have to slice that rear portion for the guard to go into .. I just slid it up into the seam .. had to use my hands to assist the window up multiple times (resets the - just forgot the word - 'tension'? where the window would think something was in the way and reopen.) Left a note to not roll the windows down and leave out in the sun if possible until today.

I did not like the rears with those clips - one of them didn't set flush with the plastic/Plexiglas, but I had already placed the retainer and wasn't going to break them trying to remove them. I would have bent the metal tab a bit more to snug up better to the plastic/Plexiglas.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I remember to grab a photo when the customer comes back for me to install the rear fender flare, I will ..

Do both front windows on your's look like this?

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
(Just the the fronts is what I asked :p)

No, they did not. I am going to purchase a set for my personal ride as well and re-test -- that way, I'll have 2 different vehicles (REBEL and LARAMIE) to use as deciding factor.

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This guy's looks a bit different as well .. if you watch and pause and 5:46, you can see his is similar to yours, but his also looks more angled at the rear end. The set I installed on the REBEL were vertical and had no bunching of the rubber seal like yours' shows.

Can't wait to get mine now so I can test it and see what the difference -- the doors should all be the same .. and one would think the pre-cut plastic vents would all be the same size as well. I'm still waiting for the REBEL to come back in so I can take photos.

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
Mine on my Laramie look just like drush. I messed with them for about a hour to try and see if they would fit better. But no matter what I did, I had the same push out on the seal. So I will leave it and see if I can live with it with having OCD.

flynfish

Reaction score
Same for me

a50f03bf575877ccef3634576501cbb7.jpg
eab80dbada899d6bf045d85b84d983f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

flynfish

Reaction score
Is it normal to be sticking out like this?

ef947b6d58fb5a614659eec0aba87bf1.jpg

flynfish

Reaction score
Nm I didn’t see OP picture and question about the black tape. But that does lead me to wondering why mine look like they are cutting into the rubber a lot more than OP picture?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread