5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR wheel-to-wheel side steps for 2020 Crew Cab Short bed - & MOPAR Accessories web page?

Kevinch

Reaction score
Hi - new member here with my first question!

I was looking at the MOPAR Side Steps on the MOPAR Accessories web site. They have the style I want : polished or chrome with a flat profile - PN 82213266AC. It is listed as fit for my 2020 MY truck. But when I look at the installation instructions & drawings of how they are mounted it doesn't look right. Instead of brackets with holes to fit over the studs in already in place & using nuts to secure, the instructions indicate installing weld nuts into holes that are present in under the truck & using bolts to secure. I looked under my truck to be sure, studs are present & no holes in sight.

Can anyone offer any clarity - a correct PN if this is correct, or are these just the wrong instructions, or....??

Thanks!

Big White RAM

Reaction score
It sounds like they are for the "classic" body style. I had to install the weld nuts on my 2014 when I installed side steps. I've had to order a few replacement parts for my 2019, and have had to have the parts guys look up the numbers as some of them are not even in the parts book yet. Sound crazy; but true.

Users who are viewing this thread