5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar wheel/tire protection from Clay Robbins

Johnny5

Reaction score
I have horrible luck with catching things in my tires. Probably from work but I just purchased a 7 year unlimited mile mopar tire/hazard from Clay Robbins for $325. Actually he will be calling me back tomorrow probably to finish setting it up... But he was real straight forward and easy to work with. All he'll need is vin/miles to get started. He beat zeiglar and if I have any problems with the truck then I'll go back to him for a maxcare before the warranty expires. His current contact info is 785-789-3940/ [email protected]

sparkygreen

Reaction score
Keep in mind there are lots of exclusions to this plan. I bought one too and recently tried to have a tire with a nail repaired/replaced and they claimed the tires were too worn out (which they did have a lot of wear) to use the plan.

It also doesnt cover cosmetic damage, so if you curb your wheel or cause damage, but it still holds air, they will not replace it.

It still may be worth it on the off chance that you have a blowout or tire damage when a tire is nearly new and hopefully they would replace it.

I forget what I paid, but I think it was in the same range as what you mention.

Johnny5

Reaction score
I actually thought it covered cosmetic. I just seen the 1500 per year in claims. I did see something about for cars the tire has to have 2/32nds tread to repair/replace but for trucks it's 4/32nds. I only went to Clay after checking zeiglar(only because zeiglar has online quotes). I also tried Mopar customer care or whichever is the factory name and they quoted me 475 ish I believe for a 4 year. I didn't bother haggling since I had the quote from zeiglar so I emailed Clay and he was less.

I mainly needed it for tires cause I'm pretty good about watching curbs. The gravel lots and roads at work are horrible so I'm always catching something in tires.

Users who are viewing this thread