5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Wheel Liners

FinzUp504

Reaction score
Ordered a set of Mopar wheel liners for my 22 Laramie with Rambox. I found 3 different parts #'s before I ordered. I had individual part #'s for Right and Left sides as well as a part # for a kit that had both sides. This is what I ordered as it was about $50 cheaper. I just received them and the quality is horrible. I can't see these will hold up over time as they are so thin and flimsy. I started to install and after taking off the half liners from the factory and I called it quits and the quality of those is soo much better. Any have experience with ordering the individual Mopar parts and is the quality much better? What about Rough Country and Husky liners? I've heard they will not fit with the RamBox,

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the factory ones on mine and they have held up for two years just fine. Took the drivers side off this weekend to install the factory bed light kit. Still in great shape.

Now I don't do any off roading nor do I line on a gravel road.

I've heard the Rough Country ones are thicker.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I have had the Mopar liners in for over a year and I have had no problems with them. Like mentioned above, I too don't do any off roading and I also heard the rough country liners are slightly thicker. Unless you're doing something crazy with the truck I wouldn't worry too much about though

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Truck is 4 years old, 33,000 miles, no issues.
Maybe someone with high mileage/off roading can give their experience.

gofishn

Reaction score
I bought Husky Wheel Well Liners.
Seemed Stiff enough, for me, and they go in front of the OEM half liners, for extra rigidity.

ww Guards 02.jpg

ww Guards 09.jpg

Mud Flap
Above that, that Splat thing on bottom of of wheel well to bumper.
Above teh curve of teh Splat, angled piece is OEM Half liner.
front of OEM half liner is husky liner.

Mud Flap 099.jpg

from inside of wheel well,
mud flap,
husky liner
hidden OEM half liner
Husky liner is only unsupported at very top of the arc and, again, seemed sturdy enough to me.

mud flap 098.jpg

Only spent my Life around Locomotives and railroad equipment so not very qualified to speak to the strengths of Plastic.
Do know that hard plastic breaks, not bends, and even those steel girder RR bridges will flex and bounce when a loaded freight train or coal train goes over them.

One of the things Old Heads like to do to New Guys.

Park our Locomotive, on a steel girder bridge, when we know a loaded coal train is going to come by.
Then watch the New Guy "Freak" when he starts bouncing in his seat, as the Coal train passes.

Attachments

• ww Guards 03.jpg
    ww Guards 03.jpg
    578.2 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My buddy bought the aftermarket ones like that for his '22 and they didn't fit worth a crap. He sent them back. Getting OE ones next I think he said.

FinzUp504

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear they have held up for everyone. I guess I will install them and see for myself. I don't plan to do any off roading per se, except running around the hunting camp.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'm glad to hear they have held up for everyone. I guess I will install them and see for myself. I don't plan to do any off roading per se, except running around the hunting camp.
I think you'll be fine with them

Oneservant

Reaction score
Ordered a set of Mopar wheel liners for my 22 Laramie with Rambox. I found 3 different parts #'s before I ordered. I had individual part #'s for Right and Left sides as well as a part # for a kit that had both sides. This is what I ordered as it was about $50 cheaper. I just received them and the quality is horrible. I can't see these will hold up over time as they are so thin and flimsy. I started to install and after taking off the half liners from the factory and I called it quits and the quality of those is soo much better. Any have experience with ordering the individual Mopar parts and is the quality much better? What about Rough Country and Husky liners? I've heard they will not fit with the RamBox,
I bought a set from RC. They will NOT fit models with ramboxes. However, I'm told these will fit: 2019-2022 Ram 1500 Rear Wheel Well Liners 82216333AA | Accessory.parts
I should have 'em in a few days. Use Code mopar liners for discount.

jmlitt

Reaction score
Did the Mopar kit (both sides) fit your Rambox bed? I am looking to replace the little half liners, but was told that Mopar didn't offer liners that fit the Rambox bed. If they worked for you, do you mind sharing the website and part number?? Thanks!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Did the Mopar kit (both sides) fit your Rambox bed? I am looking to replace the little half liners, but was told that Mopar didn't offer liners that fit the Rambox bed. If they worked for you, do you mind sharing the website and part number?? Thanks!
My truck came with full liners, and I have a 5'7 Rambox bed...
It's hard plastic should hold up fine.
I do notice that I sometimes get a white buildup that I need to manually scrub off sometimes (pressure washer will not remove it).
I much preferred the fabric liners as they were easier to clean and never "looked" dirty at least for what I drive through.

FinzUp504

Reaction score
Update: The Mopar kit that had both wheel wells would not fit. I confirmed with the dealer these were the correct parts for the Rambox. The wheel wells were too small and would not fit the entire arc of the well. I tried everything I could to make it work. I returned them to the dealership and was able to get them to wave the restocking fee.
No the Mopar kit I purchased did not fit with the Ramboxes. I tried everything to get the liners to line up. The problem I had was they were not large enough. I could mount the bottom ends but could not screw in the top arc. Also the 2 mounting holes on behind the wheel did not line up.

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I bought a set from RC. They will NOT fit models with ramboxes. However, I'm told these will fit: 2019-2022 Ram 1500 Rear Wheel Well Liners 82216333AA | Accessory.parts
I should have 'em in a few days. Use Code mopar liners for discount.

I just installed those a week or two ago. Pliers on top of the Christmas tree clips in the rear lower shield helped remove those quickly without breaking the clips. An electric ratchet with 8mm and 10mm sockets made fast work of the rest. Hardest part was lining up the existing structure behind the tire with the fender provisions and the new liner all at once to get the screws started. The rest was pretty straightforward.

The discount for free shipping saves a TON of money.

Polkiejoe

Reaction score
I just installed the Mopar full liners yesterday on my truck. I have Ramboxes and they fit just fine. Instructions are horrible for them… I agree kinda a PITA to install. They are super flimsy but seem sturdy enough once installed. I mistakenly ordered the Rough Country liner’s first. They DO NOT FIT with Ramboxes. However they are much much more sturdier than the MOPAR ones.

Oneservant

Reaction score
Update: The Mopar kit that had both wheel wells would not fit. I confirmed with the dealer these were the correct parts for the Rambox. The wheel wells were too small and would not fit the entire arc of the well. I tried everything I could to make it work. I returned them to the dealership and was able to get them to wave the restocking fee.

No the Mopar kit I purchased did not fit with the Ramboxes. I tried everything to get the liners to line up. The problem I had was they were not large enough. I could mount the bottom ends but could not screw in the top arc. Also the 2 mounting holes on behind the wheel did not line up.
The mopar liners are very tight. It took me half a day to stretch them over the well. But after installing them, I see why they're tight. There's also a Mopar install video by Water fowl 41 (I think that's his handle) worth watching.

Users who are viewing this thread