5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar vs Bproauto

rightushook

Reaction score
Hey folks,

Truck is in the shop and apparently needs two new struts and front right wheel bearing. Wheel bearing may have prematurely failed due to me curbing it, but kind of surprised new struts are already needed.

Shop has quoted me two separate prices

One for Mopar struts and wheel bearing at 2634 plus tax

The other is Bprostruts at 2468.98 for the BPro struts and wheel bearing.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on either one? Truck has just under 60k miles so alittle disappointed in the Mopar but I also don't want something even worse. Just looking to see if one is better than the other especially considering such a small price difference.

I see that BProAuto is owned by Stellantis but that's all I know.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow. That seems high to me.
Have you check another shop.
The parts are like $500-600 and the rest is labor which seems high to me.
On my previous 4th gen, shocks went out oddly at 20k still were under warranty. so getting almost 60k sounds good to me.
Hopefully somebody else will provide more feedback.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Truck is in the shop and apparently needs two new struts and front right wheel bearing. Wheel bearing may have prematurely failed due to me curbing it, but kind of surprised new struts are already needed.

Shop has quoted me two separate prices

One for Mopar struts and wheel bearing at 2634 plus tax

The other is Bprostruts at 2468.98 for the BPro struts and wheel bearing.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on either one? Truck has just under 60k miles so alittle disappointed in the Mopar but I also don't want something even worse. Just looking to see if one is better than the other especially considering such a small price difference.

I see that BProAuto is owned by Stellantis but that's all I know.
I'd ask them if they could get Bilstien 5100s

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The parts are like $500-600 and the rest is labor which seems high to me.
OEM bearing is 350ish plus labor.

OEM struts at 375ish each depending in suspension plus labor and alignment.

Depending on what labor rates are.
Might be slightly high. All parts have a 2 year parts and labor after replacement.

All the Bproauto parts I have seen and used have been good, they haven't been used very long. Many dealers are switching over to their filters and brake parts. Not many businesses last by not making a profit.

rightushook

Reaction score
Thanks guys

To be fair the only reason I'm at the dealership is because I had bought the extended warranty. I spoke to the service lady and she couldn't tell me if that price included an alignment which seems odd. I figured any kinda of major suspension repair would require one. She says she would ask Monday.

I'm going to check Monday when I get my paperwork to see if it's covered. I made the mistake of leaving it in the truck and service is not open. If it's covered I'll just go oem, if not I'll get a second opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread