5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar UCA confusion

BunkMoreland

Reaction score
I have a '21 1500 big horn. So I went and ordered the mopar UCA's this morning to go with my bilstein 5100s that i'll be getting installed for leveling. I went with the ones recommended numerous times on these forums, 68323530AA and 68323531AA (links below)

A mopar store rep replied to me via email and wrote this. "Per the VIN, the selected parts do not fit the vehicle. The part numbers that fit this vehicle are 68282382AC and 68282383AC ($118.77 each). How would you like to proceed?" part number links just below

these UCAs are more than double the price. But also, according to the mopar site, the original ones i purchased actually DO fit my vehicle, as a '21 1500 big horn 5.7. Are they trying to hoodwink me? I typed in the product number of the more expensive UCAs on this forum and didn't find one post referencing it. I told him to go ahead and keep my original order as i had it.

BunkMoreland

Reaction score
so he said that the original cheaper UCA's only fit 4x4's. Does anyone know if thats the case? i dont see that according to the order details page

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I will not pretend to be an expert, but the only difference I see in part descriptions is the first ones you listed are arms for the 2" mopar lift kit, and the ones he gave you are what his computer tells him came with your truck from the factory.

Probably immaterial to this discussion but still weird... in all the parts diagrams for all the part numbers I can find, it says "reference #4 in illustration", and #4 is a nut, not the control arm at all. In other actual pictures, not diagrams, they clearly show the control arm(s) though.
1628444749039.png

BunkMoreland

Reaction score
Oh so the second ones aren’t even UCA’s for the lift kit, but replacement ones for the stock UCA’s? In that case I’d think I’d be ok with the first cheaper set of UCA’s.
I still haven’t been able to confirm if anyone on the forum installed the cheaper lift kit UCA’s on a 4x2.

jlewis74

Reaction score
Oh so the second ones aren’t even UCA’s for the lift kit, but replacement ones for the stock UCA’s? In that case I’d think I’d be ok with the first cheaper set of UCA’s.
I still haven’t been able to confirm if anyone on the forum installed the cheaper lift kit UCA’s on a 4x2.
I know this is an old post, looking at the Mopar UCA's for the 2" lift also, did they work out ok, could you tell a difference from stock?

rogerthat

Reaction score
The Mopar 2” lift UCA fits and work great with the Bilstein 5100. Only difference is the ball joint has more articulation, other than that they look the same. The ride quality improvement is gonna come from the Bilstein struts, not the UCA.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The upper control arms between a 2wd and 4wd are basically the same. The only difference is how much movement you get with the ball joint. If you are lifting the front more than 1.5" you will ideally want different UCAs to compensate for the altered front suspension geometry. Which is why Mopar sells UCAs for 2" lift.

Users who are viewing this thread