5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar touch-up paint pen versus ____

dailyherold

Reaction score
I got one from the dealer I bought my truck from. Curious if anyone had used one and has experience with it versus Dr Colorchip or other options? Open to DIY kits as well, not sure if there's anything special about the kits versus putting the materials together yourself.

About to start the effort of masking the 25k miles of rock chips from previous owner. Oddly excited to figure this out, and keep it looking good as I save up for PPF.

Attachments

• IMG_20191218_000234.jpg
    IMG_20191218_000234.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 27

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I usually don't use the brush that comes with them, I use a toothpick instead.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got one from the dealer I bought my truck from. Curious if anyone had used one and has experience with it versus Dr Colorchip or other options? Open to DIY kits as well, not sure if there's anything special about the kits versus putting the materials together yourself.

About to start the effort of masking the 25k miles of rock chips from previous owner. Oddly excited to figure this out, and keep it looking good as I save up for PPF.
The match is pretty accurate but the pen is terrible to work with. Use a toothpick or something similar that you can control.

dailyherold

Reaction score
Would I be wasting money with a Dr Colorchip kit as well? Can't tell if one better than other, or if they serve different purposes. I have a full spectrum of minor repairs from long skinny scratches, to contained rock chip craters, to more abstract shape paint chips that would need more than just a guided toothpick drop I'd estimate.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Would I be wasting money with a Dr Colorchip kit as well? Can't tell if one better than other, or if they serve different purposes. I have a full spectrum of minor repairs from long skinny scratches, to contained rock chip craters, to more abstract shape paint chips that would need more than just a guided toothpick drop I'd estimate.
I have the pen and dr colorchip. The pen sucks for my ivory, paint is super runny and doesn’t even match the color well. I haven’t tried the dr colorchip yet. Maybe this weekend I will try it

Users who are viewing this thread