5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Slush mats

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I decided to swap out my very nice limited mats for the Mopar ones as it has started to get cool at night and that has unfortunately reminded me of what's just around the corner.

I paid $116 delivered (front and back) from Amazon and I'm quite happy with them. They fit well enough for me and I like the fact the the rear mat is in two interlocking pieces which makes it much easier to remove and reinstall for cleaning. The only cutting you might want to do is to remove the cutouts for the rear tie down rings but I don't actually ever see myself using those so I did not perform that step.

frontmats.jpg
rearmats.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
You installed those just in time for the recall LOL.

I love the Mopar slush mats that came in my Laramie. Much nicer than the WeatherTech's I've had in my previous trucks.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm not bringing it in for a recall and Mopar would never know since I bought it on Amazon. I'm vertically challenged and as you can see I have my pedals adjusted out from the floor board so that I can sit further away from the wheel...won't be a problem for me, but thanks.

This recall is an overreaction caused by the overreach of the regulatory agencies in my opinion as just about any mat can be improperly installed to interfere with the pedal.

Skater

Reaction score
I have the black Mopar slush mats with red Ram logo. Excellent mats.Far better than WeatherTech ones I had in my F-150.

82215422ac-19.jpg

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm not bringing it in for a recall and Mopar would never know since I bought it on Amazon. I'm vertically challenged and as you can see I have my pedals adjusted out from the floor board so that I can sit further away from the wheel...won't be a problem for me, but thanks.

This recall is an overreaction caused by the overreach of the regulatory agencies in my opinion as just about any mat can be improperly installed to interfere with the pedal.
My comment was meant to be more of a joke, note the "LOL". ;)
I find this recall ridiculous myself, and will not be having that recall performed.

Reaction score
@bill-e it looks like you have the updated floor mats anyway.

I highly suggest that if anyone can avoid the recall do it. It was performed on my Rebel and instead of shaving the ridges like the recall says they cut a 4in long x 3 in wide hole in my drivers floor mat and didn't verbally tell me they performed a recall.

According to the recall I should be getting the updated version at some point, just upset that they rendered my floor mats useless. Sigh

Reaction score
I too am quite impressed with Mopar mats. Much better than Weathertech in my opinion. But have Weathertech in an older Jeep Grand Cherokee that at the time I bought them were the best alternative. FCA has improved their interior protection a lot.

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
I too have my limited mats for sale and bought the OE slush mats. The fit, additional floor coverage and the liquid retention are more important than aesthetics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online