5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR Rear Wheel Well Liners listed on online build sheet, mistake?

Chris

Reaction score
I noticed that my online build sheet listed "MOPAR Rear Wheel Well Liners " even though I did not select them and they are not on my online window sticker; are these part of the Laramie package? Or is this a mistake in the build sheet?

https://bit.ly/2C9Cayb

Last edited:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wow, your truck is so similar to mine (same color, but mines two-tone, and QC, not CC). I paid $150 for mine--and it has the same packages you have. My 2012 came with the liners but they were not listed on the window sticker. They were on the build sheet. Interesting.

Chris

Reaction score
I will be very interested to see if they are included when the truck arrives; possibly a goof at the factory, or possibly one of the unannounced changes they added to the packages when they started increasing the prices in August.

Mopar21222

Reaction score
Can anyone who has them post a pic of what they consist of? Mine has partial ones, like front and rear, but not top, thanks!

cjfioren

Reaction score
Before and after. No, the liners do not generally come with the laramie package.

Attachments

• 20180823_110559.jpg
    20180823_110559.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 199

cjfioren

Reaction score
Before

Attachments

• 20180822_165446.jpg
    20180822_165446.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 135

cjfioren

Reaction score
South Florida.....the dealership that I bought from, no Laramie had the option $195 on window sticker on some trims. Did it myself for $120

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
South Florida.....the dealership that I bought from, no Laramie had the option $195 on window sticker on some trims. Did it myself for $120

imho. they should be standard. add the $150 to sticker and call it good. im sure up here in the "great white north" it is beneficial because of salt - but appearance wise - cheap and easy.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My Laramie build sheet shows them as standard, although I added them (and paid for them) when I ordered my truck. I have an email out to Ram Cares, so hopefully I'll be able to provide an answer to this question.

1. The build sheets are available online. Go to https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html
  2. Click on the link that says "Equipment List"
  3. Enter your VIN and click search

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
My Laramie build sheet shows them as standard, although I added them (and paid for them) when I ordered my truck. I have an email out to Ram Cares, so hopefully I'll be able to provide an answer to this question.

1. The build sheets are available online. Go to https://www.dodge.com/webselfservice/dodge/index.html
  2. Click on the link that says "Equipment List"
  3. Enter your VIN and click search

i think at this point....@356 you win the most POSITIVE member gold star of the month(y)

Mopar21222

Reaction score
Thank you for posting the before and after pics, its like they come from the factory 2/3 complete on the liners... will order them today.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the time I ordered my 2019 Laramie Quad Cab in April 2018, the full rear wheel liners were an option at $100.00 US. The Big Horns and Laramies I saw on the dealers lots had a two piece liner that left the middle portion of the wheel well exposed to the painted box surface.

The Limiteds I saw all had the full liner and I believe they were standard equipment for that trim version.

Regards,
Dusty

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Now at: 003178 miles.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At the time I ordered my 2019 Laramie Quad Cab in April 2018, the full rear wheel liners were an option at $100.00 US. The Big Horns and Laramies I saw on the dealers lots had a two piece liner that left the middle portion of the wheel well exposed to the painted box surface.

The Limiteds I saw all had the full liner and I believe they were standard equipment for that trim version.]

If you look at these instructions, it shows line drawings of the two different liners in steps 19 or 21:
https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/cargo-bed-lamp-accessory.2016/

Last edited:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here is FCA's response: apparently there are two types of liners. Free and not-so-free

Thank you for your patience. I have just confirmed the following information from our technical department listed below;

Our records indicate this vehicle was equipped from the factory with optional equipment MWH Rear Wheelhouse Liners ($195.00). According to available information, MWH Rear Wheelhouse Liners was not standard equipment on this model. MWH Rear Wheelhouse Liners were available on this model as an option and are still available as an option on this model for $195.00. Vehicle was correctly equipped from the factory and owner was charged appropriately for the optional equipment on their model of vehicle.

Going forward, if I can be of further assistance with any further
questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Thank you again for your email. Should you require additional
assistance, or have any new information to provide, please reply to this email message or call 1-866-RAM-INFO (1-866-726-4636).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread