5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar RAM Air Intake - $200 off

popcenator

Reaction score
Just came across this while searching for a Vararam AG replacement (plastic around intake is cracked). As of now it's showing $200 off. Still expensive but I know some people would prefer Mopar to retain warranty coverage. I have no knowledge of the site so take it for what it is.

NHjake98

Reaction score
Yup, just ordered mine. The shipping is steep but this site has the best pricing around for the parts and the shipping.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just came across this while searching for a Vararam AG replacement (plastic around intake is cracked). As of now it's showing $200 off. Still expensive but I know some people would prefer Mopar to retain warranty coverage. I have no knowledge of the site so take it for what it is.

On the BAM site if you add the item to your cart and provide your email and other info but don’t check out. Within a few days they will send you a promo code for an additional discount. Worked for me when I bought mine a while back.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It was about $125 for shipping for me. I found a coupon code that knocked that down to about $100, and pulled the trigger earlier this week. Total was a bit over $822. Was hoping for a project this weekend, but I waited a day too long... it won't arrive until early next week. Oh well, a project for next weekend.

I am saving the OEM intake/filter, in case this intake does what the Vararam does in snow storms and sucks up the snow. If so, you guys may be seeing in the For Sale section sometime this winter.

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have any of you checked with your local dealers? I have three within twenty five miles of me who have all met or beat the prices from any advertised price online. You might show your local parts department the ad from BAM and be surprised. They are trying to make up for slower sales and the parts departments are giving out savings like never before in order to increase volume.

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It’s pretty common to find a 15% off on mopar’s site. That brings the $925 MSRP down to $786.25. Add on tax and it’s still likely cheaper at the dealer than paying such high shipping through BAM.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you checked with your local dealers? I have three within twenty five miles of me who have all met or beat the prices from any advertised price online. You might show your local parts department the ad from BAM and be surprised. They are trying to make up for slower sales and the parts departments are giving out savings like never before in order to increase volume.
It’s pretty common to find a 15% off on mopar’s site. That brings the $925 MSRP down to $786.25. Add on tax and it’s still likely cheaper at the dealer than paying such high shipping through BAM.

I stopped checking my local dealership when they refused to match other dealer accessory prices the last two times I asked. Granted, that was years ago, so I should probably ask again.

However, regarding the coupon, in my particular scenario...
786.25 * 1.065 (sales tax where I'm at is 6.5%) = 837.36

So in my case, assuming my dealer honored the coupon, I still would have paid about $15 more than BAM.

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
For those of you that have this intake, what are your thoughts? I was able to go through a close friend at my dealership and was out the door for $450. Totally worth it because it’s Mopar and such. But, this is the first intake Ive ever owned that didn’t improve gas mileage or the sound. I have it combined with a FlowFX and resonator delete system and it sounded the same with or without the intake. The throttle response was mildly improved but not really noticeable. All I can say is that it looks awesome when you open the hood!
With this sitting directly on top of the manifold, and getting direct outside air, it doesn’t make sense that this wouldn’t yield more sound and performance. Am I missing something? Is there a tune or setting that needs to be adjusted to get the full benefit? You go from a box, poor filter, almost no air flow, additional heat and an 18” tube to a direct air system and next to zero performance improvements. This just doesn’t make sense. The engineering doesn’t add up.
Someone please explain or provide insight.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
For those of you that have this intake, what are your thoughts? I was able to go through a close friend at my dealership and was out the door for $450. Totally worth it because it’s Mopar and such. But, this is the first intake Ive ever owned that didn’t improve gas mileage or the sound. I have it combined with a FlowFX and resonator delete system and it sounded the same with or without the intake. The throttle response was mildly improved but not really noticeable. All I can say is that it looks awesome when you open the hood!
With this sitting directly on top of the manifold, and getting direct outside air, it doesn’t make sense that this wouldn’t yield more sound and performance. Am I missing something? Is there a tune or setting that needs to be adjusted to get the full benefit? You go from a box, poor filter, almost no air flow, additional heat and an 18” tube to a direct air system and next to zero performance improvements. This just doesn’t make sense. The engineering doesn’t add up.
Someone please explain or provide insight.
I look at the Ram Intake often, but the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is that the stock system is actually pretty good. If you really look at the flow through the stock box, I don't think the Ram Intake could offer much in the way of increased flow. They both pull air from in front of the radiator, which actually comes from down below when the shutters are closed. You might look at disabling your shutters. I am suprised it isn't a little louder for you though

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
I look at the Ram Intake often, but the reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet is that the stock system is actually pretty good. If you really look at the flow through the stock box, I don't think the Ram Intake could offer much in the way of increased flow. They both pull air from in front of the radiator, which actually comes from down below when the shutters are closed. You might look at disabling your shutters. I am suprised it isn't a little louder for you though
Forgive me for asking, but how do you disable your shutters? Additionally, would this have any negative impact on other parts?

popcenator

Reaction score
You could remove the shutters. It won't have any impact on anything else. I removed most of mine to better utilize the Vararam intake at high speed and to keep the engine a little cooler.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

My_first_RAM

Reaction score
You could remove the shutters. It won't have any impact on anything else. I removed most of mine to better utilize the Vararam intake at high speed and to keep the engine a little cooler.

Do you happen to have pictures?

popcenator

Reaction score
Do you happen to have pictures?
I have some in another thread. Removing the shutters is easy. Removing the grille is a huge PIA. I was able to squeeze my arm in between the grille and radiator from the top and remove them that way without having to remove the grille.

popcenator

Reaction score
Post #23

Users who are viewing this thread