5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar prepaid oil change plan $252(3x$84)

StuartV

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got my '21 ED used about 6 weeks ago. It had 17K miles on it. Now it has 22K.

I went by my local dealer (which is not where I bought truck, by the way) today to get my first oil change. They said it would be about $260.

I told them I wanted to buy a package. I said I would be a package with as many as 20 oil changes, if they could offer one. I'm figuring 20 at 5K miles per is 100K miles, which is about how long I plan to own the truck.

The service guy came back with a sales guy who said they could do a plan from Fidelity(?) that would cover 6 oil changes, tire rotations, plus lost/stolen key fobs. They wanted $1600 for that! LOL!! I looked at the service guy and asked "how much is the oil change if I just pay for 1 today?"
Service guy: "$260"
$1600 for 6 is $266 each (which I figured out in my head).
I looked at the sales guy and said, "so, this plan is not actually saving me ANY money?!?"

The salesman slunk off.... Jackhole...

The service guy (who is COOL) then went to someone else and came back and said I could buy a package of 3 for $337 or 4 for $449. Same price per change, so I told him I would buy the pack of 4.

They changed my oil (in about an hour), charged me $455, and sent me on my way. I don't mine paying $112 and spending an hour at the dealer for that.

This was at JT's CDJR in Lexington, SC, (not their Columbia location), in case anyone cares.

Users who are viewing this thread