5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar power steps now plug and play?

PTCnole

Reaction score
I installed Mopar power steps this weekend on my 2021 Rebel. Last instruction claims dealer need to upgrade codes in truck’s computer. But when I hooked everything up and reconnected the battery, they worked!

Every bit of limited info I could find online about this stated they wouldn’t work until the programming step was completed by the dealer. Confused by this, I took it to my dealer this morning to confirm. Figured I missed something. No so however. They looked it over and said that no programming was necessary. No extra charges.

We couldn’t figure it out but their guess was that the 2021 models or the new power boards come ready to accept as plug and play.

PN: 82215287-AD
Description: Board Kit 090025

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed Mopar power steps this weekend on my 2021 Rebel. Last instruction claims dealer need to upgrade codes in truck’s computer. But when I hooked everything up and reconnected the battery, they worked!

Every bit of limited info I could find online about this stated they wouldn’t work until the programming step was completed by the dealer. Confused by this, I took it to my dealer this morning to confirm. Figured I missed something. No so however. They looked it over and said that no programming was necessary. No extra charges.

We couldn’t figure it out but their guess was that the 2021 models or the new power boards come ready to accept as plug and play.

PN: 82215287-AD
Description: Board Kit 090025
Do you have the soft key in the control menu to deploy the boards.? If not then you need the dealer to update codes and flash.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
The Mopar power boards are plug and play on all the 5th gen Rams. They will deploy with the door opening and retract with door closing. What you won't have is the integration in to the trucks BCM without the dealer putting in the sales code or adding 3 options in AlfaOBD yourself. The integration would include a soft button on your radio (Deploy/Retract), a setting menu for (Auto/Store), and a screen notification in your gauge cluster showing the status of the boards.

This has been covered in this forum on a few threads.

Last edited:

PTCnole

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. New to the forum. I feel like I searched forever to find info on this but searching for different variations of “power running boards” returns thousands of hits. LOL.

Mods can delete this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread