5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR power running boards

Pkro2001

Reaction score
Has anyone here installed MOPAR brand running boards along with all of the needed wiring harnesses on a ‘24 Laramie? Dealership is telling me it can’t be done based on my vin and because it isn’t a limited. Passengers keep sliding their butts on edge of seat when getting out of door, only a matter of time till the leather on the edge of the seat gets torn up. Trying to stay away from amp research as I don’t want to have to drill and relocate my suspension air tank. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks,
Pat

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That doesn't make sense. Maybe check with another dealership. Unless something changed for '24 models, you should be able to install the Mopar steps on pretty much any trim level.

There are other brands of power steps. I installed a set of Rough Country power steps on my 2014 F150. The installation was very straight forward. No drilling required either. My only issue is it doesn't interface with the infotainment system so there's no way to deploy them manually.

moparleo51

Reaction score
go to another dealer, i had a set put on my 2021 laramie when i had it and my dealer installed them no problem.

Renatboost

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing what you paid for Mopar brand and then installation? Wondering if all Dodge dealerships charge the same.

Any control with infotainment system?

Thank you

Threesuns1

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you mind sharing what you paid for Mopar brand and then installation? Wondering if all Dodge dealerships charge the same.

Any control with infotainment system?

Thank you
I paid a little over $2000.00, but I had a $250 coupon from the dealer. It works with Infotainment system.

Edit: I should clarify, they work with stock uconnect 5 screen.

Last edited:

Perkdav

Reaction score
I had the Mopar Power Running Boards installed at the dealership about 2 weeks ago on my 2024 Ram Rebel. Purchased and installed for around $1,800. Totally love them! They come out low and far so my young kids can climb up just fine. When closed, you can't hardly tell they are there. Thought about AMP but the dealership said they were having problems with them, happy I went with Mopar. Was going to install myself, but the dealership price with install was the same price as buying them plus shipping, saved me several hours and is covered under factory warranty!

Users who are viewing this thread