5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Performance Exhaust vs. Borla Atak vs. Muffler Delete

Genxeration

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on a few exhaust options. I had a muffler delete on my 2019 Ram 1500. It sounded OK but I'm thinking of going cat-back on my 2021. Is the Atak louder than the Mopar Performance Exhaust? How does either compare to a muffler delete?

21bighorn

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on a few exhaust options. I had a muffler delete on my 2019 Ram 1500. It sounded OK but I'm thinking of going cat-back on my 2021. Is the Atak louder than the Mopar Performance Exhaust? How does either compare to a muffler delete?
I feel the Borla ATAK is the louder of those you mention. That is what I’m puttin on my 2021. I love the growl sound ATAK produces and as it winds up and upshifts that “bark” when it shifts gears is awesome! Plus I have some shall we say stuffy (a-hole) neighbors so there’s that too....

kevinvw

Reaction score

I can’t speak to differences, but I have a ‘21 1500 Limited 5.7 and installed the Atak 2 weeks ago.

Absolutely LOVE it. Really aggressive sound that is infinitely better than stock with zero drone. Off the line it sounds really gnarly when you hit ~2000 RPMs.

Imaso001

Reaction score
I just had the mopar cat back installed and it is excellent. Very tame while cruising but let’s you know it’s there when you’re on it. This is a link to a short clip I recorded.
3cf0a682ac4b06715f8315cfdf981c6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread