5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar or Borla Touring Cat-Back Exhaust

WheelsUp

Reaction score
I intend on installing either the Mopar or Borla Touring Cat-Back exhaust with 5" tips on my 2020 1500 Limited and was looking for recommendations on which one to select. I have read that the Borla Touring and the Mopar system are identical since Borla makes Mopar's Cat Backs. However, I am not sure that is even true. I am not looking for extreme sound and would like to keep cabin noise to a minimum with no drone if possible. I have already installed the Mopar cold air intake. Any input will be greatly appreciated!

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The touring is pretty much what you're looking for. I've heard (though not confirmed with my own ears) that the MOPAR exhaust is somewhere between the Touring and S-Type Borla Exhausts.

RamLink83

Reaction score
I recently installed the touring and it's definitely louder than stock. It's actually louder than I thought, but sounds really good. You can definitely hear it in the cab when accelerating but once you get to cruising speed it's not that noticable. There is a very slight rumble.

My neighbors are going to hate me once hunting season starts and I'm up before sunrise. Cold starts are pretty loud.

WheelsUp

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Have you ever heard the Mopar system? I just don't want a lot of cabin noise for family trips, etc.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are very concerned about cabin noise I really suggest you find someone local to you and listen to it...

There is a slight increase in cruising cabin noise, but it's minimal (I don't notice it anymore). Obviously, you will hear it quite well when you get on the throttle.

bhurst10

Reaction score
I installed the Mopar Performance Catback Exhaust with the 5in Mopar Exhaust Tips a few months back. And I love the sound when you accelerate you will hear it bit once you are up to crusing speed you barely even notice it.
4ad3e6d3ae4593063dffb59d6475cd5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WheelsUp

Reaction score
I installed the Mopar Performance Catback Exhaust with the 5in Mopar Exhaust Tips a few months back. And I love the sound when you accelerate you will hear it bit once you are up to crusing speed you barely even notice it.
4ad3e6d3ae4593063dffb59d6475cd5f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread