5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar no longer making 2" lift?

Playmaker10

Reaction score
Just went to a RAM dealership in Southern California to buy the Mopar 2 in lift. The person at parts told me that his ordering computer system is not allowing him to order it, saying it is "unavailable".

He said he feels Mopar may be switching over to Bilstein shocks for this lift, and may be phasing out the fox 2.0 shocks, since other versions of the RAM are now using bilsteins.

Anybody heard similar?

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me, given the Bilstein's on the TRX, and that Ford Performance recently switched from their Fox factory lift parts over to Bilstein as well for the new generation F150.
That said.... hope they stick with the Fox's.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Jeep branded lift recently switched to Bilstein's so I would expect the Ram one to go the same. I looked and did not see that it had yet though.

Playmaker10

Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like it's heading that way.

I've decided to skip the Mopar kit and just get a Carli.

Reaction score
Not sure that's an accurate statement. I literally just dropped my truck at the dealer yesterday to have the kit installed. I'm in Montana.

Longhorn2019

Reaction score
Just went to a RAM dealership in Southern California to buy the Mopar 2 in lift. The person at parts told me that his ordering computer system is not allowing him to order it, saying it is "unavailable".

He said he feels Mopar may be switching over to Bilstein shocks for this lift, and may be phasing out the fox 2.0 shocks, since other versions of the RAM are now using bilsteins.

Anybody heard similar?
I put the Bisteins on the front of my 2019 Longhorn and was completely satisfied with the result and the ride.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran the Mopar lift kit with Bilstein on my 4Th Gen and rode great.

Sucks the new kit doesn't come with replacement rear dual rate coils like the previous. I didn't need to swap UCA's either.

Playmaker10

Reaction score
I ran the Mopar lift kit with Bilstein on my 4Th Gen and rode great.

Sucks the new kit doesn't come with replacement rear dual rate coils like the previous. I didn't need to swap UCA's either.
Agreed about the rear coils.

I'm really leaning towards the Carli Commuter lift right now.

Playmaker10

Reaction score
Not sure that's an accurate statement. I literally just dropped my truck at the dealer yesterday to have the kit installed. I'm in Montana.
I think there are still some Mopar Lifts out there, but they may not be producing any more of them. They're just running through their inventory.

At least that's what I was told. If anybody sees otherwise, post it.

Users who are viewing this thread