5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar mud flaps

Utz

Reaction score
Just put on the rear molded Mopar mud flaps on my 2019 big horn sport! Very pleased with the fit.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Be careful with those, been known to rub the paint off the fender unless you apply some 3M film where they meet the paint

Utz

Reaction score
Yes it came with 3m tape on it for that area

highgear2005

Reaction score
Wish I’d gone after market! Those catch everything in the large cargo pocket some engineer designed into them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Muskiez

Reaction score
Wish I’d gone after market! Those catch everything in the large cargo pocket some engineer designed into them.

I filled mine with spray foam. I’m still not happy with them. I drive on a lot of gravel and the coverage sucks. When I had my topper put on, I had a set of husky flaps ordered for them to put on. When they went to remove the tape, they said they weren’t comfortable doing it because it might damage the paint. I’m sticking with them for now

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Agreed, they look great but get clogged up with debris then slowly leak water all over the floor for days afterwards. Such a pathetic design.

alamgirian6329

Reaction score
I looked online - ordered an amazon brand but was not happy with the quality out the box , so returned them. Next... ordered Gatorbacks for my Longhorn with customized LH metal plates - and could not be happier with the overall look, fit, and design.

Ofcourse $280 is pricey for the mudflaps - but after you get over the price part, they are simply amazing.

GerryS

Reaction score
Mine filled up with sand from the gravel parking area at work. I took a 7/8" hole saw and cut holes in the lower inside corner. That way when it rains the water from the tires washes them out, and the hole is big enough so any small stones can come out. The holes are pretty unobtrusive.

Gerry

Dogpatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I went with the Husky brand that attach over the pathetic stock ones.
Great coverage. Comes with 3M for contact points. Easy install. Use the added screw and attachment plate for the inner wall tape one. All screws use pre-existing mounting holes.
Quite like them!

7A9DA2AD-4A48-4C46-B433-F71E65C0FB9F.jpeg
75BCF2F3-33CD-411E-ABCE-B7670D9D4351.jpeg
9D760580-847B-4BB8-B595-E09677F6E80A.jpeg
02EEDC81-31C7-42BC-942B-66E37C4A2841.jpeg
9BF40958-B517-4147-BEA6-5D719EF4C55C.jpeg

highgear2005

Reaction score
Those look great, but where will you keep the dirt, sand, rocks, ice, snow and road salt? The oem original cargo pockets are so useful!

Wsmith

Reaction score
I have always been a fan of Husky products. Had a 15 Silverado, I ordered some weather tech floor mats, laser measured my a**. Ordered huskies at 60% the cost of the weather techs, perfect fit. Seen Dogpatch's post, looked online and about ordered them through Husky for $80. Got the part # and did a search, $45 on amazon for all four, be here day after tomorrow.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a solution to installing the Husky rear mudguards on a truck with no fender flares but with wheel well guards? Mine are due to arrive today and I was ecoted until reading others comment that they don't fit in this case.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased Weathertech units myself, and they were easy to do. Whats the issue with Huskys and wheel well guards/liners?

Wsmith

Reaction score
I attempted to put mine on the other day. I didn't want to use the optional clip as it looks redundant. I was just going to use the three screws and the inside tape on the plastic wheel well guards (not sure if we are talking about the same thing). I cleaned the plastic with alcohol, not the same type I was drinking. I peeled the tape pressed and applied pressure, the tape popped away like it was dollar store scotch tape, super glue tonight. Sorry if the wheel well guards are different.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased Weathertech units myself, and they were easy to do. Whats the issue with Huskys and wheel well guards/liners?
I can't recall exactly which thread it was in but some folks have said that the rear mud guards don't fit correctly on trucks with the rear wheelhouse liners and they have had to return them. It seems this issue doesn't apply to the husky mud guards for trucks with fender flares but is an issue with the guards designed for trucks without the flares. I'll be hopefully attempting the install tonight and will find out!

Users who are viewing this thread