5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Lift with 6' 4" bed

Douglasmtn

Reaction score
I took my 2019 1500 Laramie (5th Gen Crew Cab) into my local Ram dealer in CO to have a Mopar 2" lift installed. However, a few hours after I dropped the truck off, the dealer called me to let me know that the lift would not fit my truck because I have the longer bed (6' 4"). Has anyone else had this problem and if so, why won't the lift work on the longer bed since the suspension is the same?

Next, if I can't use the Mopar lift are there any other 2" lifts, not leveling kits (I still want the rake), out there that you would recommend? I am not looking to go very high as my goal is to get the ground clearance back up to what my 2011 Chevy Silverado had, not to necessarily put on larger tires. At this point, the stock 8.5-9" of clearance does not work for me as I have already torn up a set of aftermarket stepup/nerf bars when I bottomed out going over a snow/ice pile left by the plows - I need something in the 10-11" of clearance for home and work.

Thanks in advance for the advice and suggestions!

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The only thing I was told when I had mine done was it wasn’t for air ride or the Rebel. So as far as I’m aware no there is no reason why it’s not for the longer bed. Again I am not an engineer I just can’t imagine the underpinning would be any different between the beds.

Douglasmtn

Reaction score
The only thing I was told when I had mine done was it wasn’t for air ride or the Rebel. So as far as I’m aware no there is no reason why it’s not for the longer bed. Again I am not an engineer I just can’t imagine the underpinning would be any different between the beds.
Is yours the 6' box? And I agree, I can't see what the difference would be between the 2 different bed lengths and their suspension.

PorBoy

Reaction score
I only have a 5’7” but originally had the 6’4” and wanted to ensure fitment. Sadly my first was a Limited so no go with that air suspension..

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought the crew cab only came in the 5'7" bed.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

PorBoy

Reaction score
So based upon that, it does not distinguish between a 5’7” bed or 6’4” one then. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/