5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Lift/ORG Springs

DeDax

Reaction score
Hi All, was just quoted $3500 for the mopar lift w/ ORG springs with 285/60/20 Falken Wildpeaks, installed & aligned. This is by my local Ram dealer I bought the truck from? Any thoughts on pricing & setup?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All, was just quoted $3500 for the mopar lift w/ ORG springs with 285/60/20 Falken Wildpeaks, installed & aligned. This is by my local Ram dealer I bought the truck from? Any thoughts on pricing & setup?
Just to give you an idea, I paid $1,200 for the mopar lift and $110 for the ORP springs at my dealership. A local shop that specializes in lifts charged me $725 for lift install, alignment and mount and balance of 4 tires. I can't speak for the wildpeaks bc I don't know what they usually go for. There are a few other posts on here that quote some prices other folks have paid. Good luck and post pics when complete.

DeDax

Reaction score
Thanks so much, the dealership was trying to charge $445 just for the ORP spring set, which seemed a bit high. Everything else seems rather somewhat on point.

Ram1992

Reaction score
If I had to do it again I would have gone with a Zone 6” or with Rough Country 6” now that they are under $1300 for the kit.

DeDax

Reaction score
For me, I felt like this set up would really be the best of both worlds. I have a RC 2" puck right now and honestly I've got the Cali rake at the moment. In some instances it appears as though the front is too high. The mopar kit/ with ORP springs, come with springs/shocks/UCA and while the warranty really wasn't a factor as ill hit 36k miles sometime this summer, I like the fact that it was engineered to support the warranty. While some of the bigger lifts are enticing, my opinion is that in order to do them right you still need to add pieces. And I honestly don't think my needs warrant such a big lift, as I doubt I will even utilize 35" tires. Do you have any specific feedback on your set up that you like/dislike?

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For me, I felt like this set up would really be the best of both worlds. I have a RC 2" puck right now and honestly I've got the Cali rake at the moment. In some instances it appears as though the front is too high. The mopar kit/ with ORP springs, come with springs/shocks/UCA and while the warranty really wasn't a factor as ill hit 36k miles sometime this summer, I like the fact that it was engineered to support the warranty. While some of the bigger lifts are enticing, my opinion is that in order to do them right you still need to add pieces. And I honestly don't think my needs warrant such a big lift, as I doubt I will even utilize 35" tires. Do you have any specific feedback on your set up that you like/dislike?
I am loving my setup so far having the 2" mopar w/orp springs. I am sitting with .5" of rake and I think it's perfect.

Ram1992

Reaction score

Agreed, I drove my truck after being parked for 3 weeks yesterday and remembered why I purchased the mopar kit. I live out in the country and have to go through some county roads that have not been maintained and the mopar kit performs amazing. The ride is very smooth compared to my work truck (2019 tundra). Im still going to add the TSB spacer to get more level stance. The only thing I dislike is the rake you get without the ORG coil springs.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd shy away from the wildpeaks. The two sets i have had discount tire and another local place could never get them balanced. All 8 tires took over 25lbs on the road force balance which is unacceptable. Their price is nice, but just crap to balance

DeDax

Reaction score
I'd shy away from the wildpeaks. The two sets i have had discount tire and another local place could never get them balanced. All 8 tires took over 25lbs on the road force balance which is unacceptable. Their price is nice, but just crap to balance
Any suggestions that our comparable? I’ve seen them as OEM equipment on the JLUR’s, then was indeed enticed by their price point, but certainly not opposed to other options.

DeDax

Reaction score
I guess I should mention I’m considering 285/60, 285/65, or 295/60 on my stock Laramie 20’s.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I should mention I’m considering 285/60, 285/65, or 295/60 on my stock Laramie 20’s.

I think the Goodyear wrangler ultra terrain comes in a 285/65/20. They look awesome, and have a great price point. Those were going to be my backup tire If the 35x12.5 ridge grappler was too much tire for me. The ridge grapplers are awesome (I’m on my 3rd set), quiet and aggressive looking but they are heavy and expensive.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any suggestions that our comparable? I’ve seen them as OEM equipment on the JLUR’s, then was indeed enticed by their price point, but certainly not opposed to other options.

Also i am nearly certain any wildpeak thats an OEM spec tire is not quite the same as the AT3w...I thought the same thing when i was purchasing them. I thought if they are an OEM spec they must be halfway decent. I was wrong!

Zoompastu

Reaction score
I was a service advisor at a CDJR dealer. We/they have a custom shop that stays busy lifting Rams, Jeeps, and occasionally builds a SEMA truck. Falken AT3/W is a great tire. I sold the heck out of them! Even got the parts manager to stock several different sizes because I was selling so many of them. Other technicians and dealership employees run them and love them as well. They were installed on ram trucks and jeep wranglers mostly. I ran them on my 2015 1500 275/60/20 then 285/70/17 after lift wheels and tires. They performed awesome off-road and there’s plenty of that to do in Idaho.
SNOW! These tires stick like glue.

That being said there were a few customers that had odd Issues with them. That was not the norm. General consensus was they are fantastic.
The sidewall is very thick and you don’t get a lot of sway going around corners. Quiet. Good looking. Good mileage life.

They are very heavy. That is the number one issue that I have with them and the reason why I will not be buying them for my 2020 eco-diesel. I’m moving out of Idaho And will not need a tire for off-road and snow.

Toyo just Launched the Open Country AT/3 I really like what they did with it. It now has a similar tread pattern to the falken AT3/W and is pretty light weight for its class.

Jeep does run the wildpeak AT3W and the wildpeak MT. ORP Rams have the wildpeak AT3WA which is a European market tire. This came on my 2020.

Hope this helps

DeDax

Reaction score
Thanks so much, I appreciate the firsthand feedback. Seems like I'm torn between the Ultraterrain and the Falkens at the moment. The wife told me she would get me tires for my birthday next month so inching closer to decision time, for tires and lift.

cmatt4775

Reaction score
Just had my lift and ORG springs installed today after about 6 months on the 2” motofab level.
I have to say I love the look of the new set up, sits much higher then my level did. Haven’t noticed decrease in ride quality at all in fact it rides much nicer then the motofab kit.

It is raining here so was only able to grab one picture so far. Will take more when it clears up.

Toyo open country AT are due to deliver in the next week so I will be upgrading the tires shortly.

Attachments

• 1AA4D26F-1B33-46E2-8A44-CEE4F449103E.jpeg
    1AA4D26F-1B33-46E2-8A44-CEE4F449103E.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 95

Jeffjad

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just had my lift and ORG springs installed today after about 6 months on the 2” motofab level.
I have to say I love the look of the new set up, sits much higher then my level did. Haven’t noticed decrease in ride quality at all in fact it rides much nicer then the motofab kit.

It is raining here so was only able to grab one picture so far. Will take more when it clears up.

Toyo open country AT are due to deliver in the next week so I will be upgrading the tires shortly.
Very nice, welcome to the club. When you get a chance would you mind posting your measurements and pictures of your UCA angle. Thanks!

Zoompastu

Reaction score

Toyo AT2 or AT3? It’s in your best interest to not get the older AT2. Lift looks great!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/