5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Lift Kit for Quad Cab?

BPSRAM19

Reaction score
Newbie here. Dumb question. The Mopar lift kit says "for Crew Cabs" anyone know if it works on quad cabs? Just got my 2019 Ram Laramie in June and love it but it sits too low in the front. Attached a photo of my 2004 Ram next to my 2019 and there is 10" difference in front clearance. Where I live I'll be plowing snow in the winter time as low as this thing sits!

Attachments

• 20190601_183916.jpg
    20190601_183916.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 52

Jonzo

Reaction score
I only have 850 miles on the truck so far. I don't have a good answer for you on fuel economy yet. I did add 10 ply (60 lb.) tires on all four corners along with the lift. I can guess that I am minus about 1 mpg when I look at the fuel economy screen while driving. Not enough of a difference to discourage the lift and tires in my opinion.

Jonzo

Reaction score
Here is the story of how I ending up with the 2" Mopar lift kit on my truck: I spent many months researching my truck and the 2 inch Mopar lift well before I purchased my truck. You have probably noticed that the Mopar lift specifically says it will only work with a crew cab 5.7 liter configuration. I purchased my truck from a high volume truck in Idaho (I live in Oregon). They have a service department that specializes in aftermarket support in house. They told me this kit would work and offered to sell and install it for me in Idaho. I decided to wait at that time.

After I got back to Oregon I called my local Ram dealer and asked if the Mopar kit would work with my truck. They were not aware of a kit and I had to give them the part number before they could pull it up on their computer. They told me the kit would not work based off of the info in their computer.

I then called two places locally, an off road shop and a trusted mechanic that owns a repair shop. They both thought the kit would work with my truck. After searching for trucks like mine online, I finally found one on the Custom Offsets website with the 2" Mopar kit and decided to pull the trigger.

I ordered my kit online from BAM automotive (I have used them twice now and have experienced great service) and had my trusted mechanic perform the install. My mechanic said the kit was easy to install and it took them about 2 to 3 hours. The truck has 2000 miles on it and rides great. I did feel like the truck rode a bit "floaty" at first when I got it back. I think this is just how most trucks feel when you lift them. After putting a couple thousand miles on the truck I have had no issues and can say that that factory ride quality feels similar. I took the truck out for some very brief and light off roading last weekend and was impressed on how stiff the
suspension feels when off camber and under flex.

I am by no means a professional and am a total newbie when it comes to truck suspension. I am also aware that I may not be covered under warranty.

I hope this helps.
Cheers.

cwolf908

Reaction score
Here is the story of how I ending up with the 2" Mopar lift kit on my truck: I spent many months researching my truck and the 2 inch Mopar lift well before I purchased my truck. You have probably noticed that the Mopar lift specifically says it will only work with a crew cab 5.7 liter configuration. I purchased my truck from a high volume truck in Idaho (I live in Oregon). They have a service department that specializes in aftermarket support in house. They told me this kit would work and offered to sell and install it for me in Idaho. I decided to wait at that time.

After I got back to Oregon I called my local Ram dealer and asked if the Mopar kit would work with my truck. They were not aware of a kit and I had to give them the part number before they could pull it up on their computer. They told me the kit would not work based off of the info in their computer.

I then called two places locally, an off road shop and a trusted mechanic that owns a repair shop. They both thought the kit would work with my truck. After searching for trucks like mine online, I finally found one on the Custom Offsets website with the 2" Mopar kit and decided to pull the trigger.

I ordered my kit online from BAM automotive (I have used them twice now and have experienced great service) and had my trusted mechanic perform the install. My mechanic said the kit was easy to install and it took them about 2 to 3 hours. The truck has 2000 miles on it and rides great. I did feel like the truck rode a bit "floaty" at first when I got it back. I think this is just how most trucks feel when you lift them. After putting a couple thousand miles on the truck I have had no issues and can say that that factory ride quality feels similar. I took the truck out for some very brief and light off roading last weekend and was impressed on how stiff the
suspension feels when off camber and under flex.

I am by no means a professional and am a total newbie when it comes to truck suspension. I am also aware that I may not be covered under warranty.

I hope this helps.
Cheers.

Thank you for the quick reply, Jonzo! I'm looking at purchasing the kit from BAM as well after the previous dealership denied my purchase. Did your kit from BAM come with the added ring spacers which raise the level of the spring perch? Thanks again!

cwolf908

Reaction score
Yes it did.
Fantastic! Thank you for getting back to me :) My kit is on order from BAM and I've got the ORP springs coming as well. Hoping to get a full 3-3.5" lift in the front so I can easily fit my 35x11.5's and new Method wheels.

TH3JUICEMAN

Reaction score
Fantastic! Thank you for getting back to me :) My kit is on order from BAM and I've got the ORP springs coming as well. Hoping to get a full 3-3.5" lift in the front so I can easily fit my 35x11.5's and new Method wheels.
Post pics when your done! What width and offset?

cwolf908

Reaction score

Well unfortunately, my experience with BAM hasn't been too great so far. To start, from order to delivery of the kit took 7 business days (not a big deal, but still quite a while). It arrived today in awful condition. The original MOPAR box had to be re-packaged into a new box because it looked like it had been chewed on by a pack of dogs.

Additionally, every FOX factory seal on the shock boxes had been broken and re-taped closed. Also, the spring seat spacers to resolve TSB 02-001-19 were not included anywhere in the order.

I've e-mailed BAM with these concerns and will be interested to hear what their rationale is for the condition of this kit.

Jonzo

Reaction score
That's not good! You may have received a re-packed return order (lame). Hopefully BAM will redeem themselves. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread