5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Lift kit causing control arm and steering knuckle to contact

Simplman

Reaction score
Hey y’all, got a suspension question. I have a 2020 Bighorn crew cab. I had the dealer install a 2” Mopar Lift kit and stock rebel tires last week. They did the install, flashed the computer for the rebel size tires to correct the speedometer and told me they did a alignment. Well I noticed that they didn’t center the steering wheel during the alignment and it’s off, but today I noticed the lower control arm is making contact with the steering knuckle at full turn. It’s metal on metal when the wheel is locked. Has anyone had this problem with the Mopar Lift Kit? The only thing I can think of is they did a poor job on the alignment and my toe tolerance is wrong. I’m thinking it’s toe out causing the control arm and steering knuckle to touch. Anyone have any thoughts? -Kenny-

Simplman

Reaction score
Just took it back in for the alignment to be redone since the steering wheel wasn’t centered. Asked about the rubbing issues and was told that’s a common thing with Ram trucks. So I peaked under my buddy’s stock 2020 Rebel and he has the same rub marks. Then I took a look at my other buddies 2010 Ram, same marks. So case closed lol.

DONZILLA

Reaction score
Just took it back in for the alignment to be redone since the steering wheel wasn’t centered. Asked about the rubbing issues and was told that’s a common thing with Ram trucks. So I peaked under my buddy’s stock 2020 Rebel and he has the same rub marks. Then I took a look at my other buddies 2010 Ram, same marks. So case closed lol.
I'm having the same issue. I have appointment with my dealer in the morning. I suppose I'll make them tell me that.

Users who are viewing this thread