5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar lift and Warranty

PMWIGGINS

Reaction score
I was wondering about the warranty when lifting the new Ram 1500 with the Mopar lift kit.

Does anyone know if it would void the warranty if I installed the lift myself or had another shop do it besides the dealership? Or does the dealership need to be the ones doing the install in order to keep the warranty intact?

I have been quoted anywhere from $580 to $850 to do the install from dealerships around where I live. You’d think they’d have a defined install price nationwide.

If anyone has any input on this or any info about the Mopar lift then please comment.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was wondering about the warranty when lifting the new Ram 1500 with the Mopar lift kit.

Does anyone know if it would void the warranty if I installed the lift myself or had another shop do it besides the dealership? Or does the dealership need to be the ones doing the install in order to keep the warranty intact?

I have been quoted anywhere from $580 to $850 to do the install from dealerships around where I live. You’d think they’d have a defined install price nationwide.

If anyone has any input on this or any info about the Mopar lift then please comment.
In past discussions on this forum, I got the impression that you’d want your dealer to do the install to ensure coverage.

Kevinc13

Reaction score
I made sure to ask my dealer since I was getting the extended warranty. He claims if it is a brand name lift installed by a professional shop it will not affect the warranty.

SynAckuL

Reaction score
I purchased the extended warranty through my dealership. The warranty was through Fidelity if I remember correctly. There was a box on that warranty that said "Lift Kit", and it was not checked. I called to inquire about it, and they advised that if it wasn't checked, any lift kit would void the warranty for anything associated with, damaged by, or related to the lift. I could add the extra lift kit warranty for like another $300 within a few months of vehicle purchase they said. I thought that was pretty nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread