5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Hard Tonneau Cover, Ram 1500

MickeyRam

Reaction score
I’m considering getting a Mopar hard tonneau cover for my Ram 1500. Are there any positive and negative experiences/ things about this product? Is it worth the price?

Attachments

• IMG_0781.png
    IMG_0781.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0780.png
    IMG_0780.png
    455.9 KB · Views: 25

Drew87

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’m a big fan of the Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover. I have had it on both of my rams. It’s a hard cover but I like that I can fold it so if I have bigger items I can still put them in.

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
FYI

It depends on what you use your truck for. If you need to use the full bed what types of problems will the Mopar full tonneau cover create for you? It appears you would need help removing the cover or some form of set up.

The Bakflip rests against the window when fully opened. The UNDERCOVER ULTRA FLEX TONNEAU COVER uses bars to hold in the open position. Many have had leaking rear windows and that would be a concern for me. Compare the two.
Many on the forum have chosen the Bakflip.

Jako

Reaction score
More Info

O'Town Ram

I know less and less about more and more
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't seen the Mopar branded one so I cannot speak to its quality but hard, one piece covers are great at being weatherproof. Drawbacks are not being able to easily use the entire bed for loading. Also, usually need to open cover first before you can open the tailgate.

Search that part number and there are Mopar parts sellers selling them for a lot less. Bam is $1260.73

Last edited:

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
In my opinion and from a friends personal experience with that style one piece hard cover like that is they suck if you use your truck as an actual truck. My buddy put one of those covers from I believe LEER on his Ford and absolutely regretted spending the money on it. He needed to buy a washer and dryer for the house and couldn't even use his own truck because of the cover. It's at least a 2 person job to install and remove and then comes the safe storage problem once it's off. Its big and bulky. I don't have any personal experience with them and my buddy's story is why I will never have any experience with them. I do however think they are perfect if you only use the bed for small items that can fit under that cover without having to remove and store it somewhere.

6of36

Reaction score
In my opinion, they are the best looking, but the worst to have. For that price, you could almost get a hard roll up one, that rides in a track, and rolls into a box at the front of the bed.

MickeyRam

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. It seems like the Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover is the way to go.

I do see quite a few of them selling a used one for $600-$800 locally.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. It seems like the Bakflip MX4 tonneau cover is the way to go.

I do see quite a few of them selling a used one for $600-$800 locally.
I got mine for my last truck for $780.
They are great covers, the Mopar brand is actually made by Bakflip (for the hard tri-fold). There's no reason to buy the Mopar branded unit itself

Users who are viewing this thread