5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Hard Folding Tonneau Cover

Maconi

Reaction score
Searching the Mopar website, I see two possible "hard folding tonneau covers" that supposedly fit the 2019 Ram 1500 5.7' bed.

The only difference I see is in the model number "AC" and "AD". The "AD" fits both the 2019 and 2020 beds while the "AC" claims to only fit the 2019 beds. The installation instructions are the exact same file/PDF. What's the difference (if any)?

Also, are these any better/worse than any other brand tonneau cover? These are basically OEM BAKFlip covers right? Does anyone recommend these (or recommend another brand entirely instead)?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Searching the Mopar website, I see two possible "hard folding tonneau covers" that supposedly fit the 2019 Ram 1500 5.7' bed.

The only difference I see is in the model number "AC" and "AD". The "AD" fits both the 2019 and 2020 beds while the "AC" claims to only fit the 2019 beds. The installation instructions are the exact same file/PDF. What's the difference (if any)?

Also, are these any better/worse than any other brand tonneau cover? These are basically OEM BAKFlip covers right? Does anyone recommend these (or recommend another brand entirely instead)?
If I were you I’d stay away from the Mopar cover. I just had one installed last week by the dealer and it leaks like crazy. It rained for a few days here but nothing crazy at all. I checked my bed and there were large puddles at the two rear corners, small drips at the front corners and a decent amount of water that came in over each wheel well. I had some tool bags in the bed that were sitting in the puddles and got soaked. Thank god it wasn’t luggage. Considering this costs over $1000 the cover is a joke. The Mopar vinyl tri fold that came with my truck was bone dry. Never leaked at all. The dealer is ordering a new hard cover and reinstalling. I am not confident it will change things and if it doesn’t I’m demanding my money back and returning it. I’ll stick to the vinyl cover so at least I can keep things in the bed without fear of having them get soaked.

Last edited:

mike12193

Reaction score
I have minimal water coming in on mine. The only spots that do were by the tailgate but was not the fault of the cover but the design of the tailgate itself. A little weatherstrip fixed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lomax w
If I were you I’d stay away from the Mopar cover. I just had one installed last week by the dealer and it leaks like crazy. It rained for a few days here but nothing crazy at all. I checked my bed and there were large puddles at the two rear corners, small drips at the front corners and a decent amount of water that came in over each wheel well. I had some tool bags in the bed that were sitting in the puddles and got soaked. Thank god it wasn’t luggage. Considering this costs over $1000 the cover is a joke. The Mopar vinyl tri fold that came with the truck was bone dry. The dealer is ordering a new one and reinstalling. I am not confident it will change things and if it doesn’t I’m demanding my money back and returning it. I’ll stick to the vinyl cover so at least I can keep things in the bed without fear of having them get soaked.
I installed a Lomax 1yr ago. Bed stay dry with the exception of a drop or two at the tailgate. Been very happy with it, great price from this forum and super easy install. Plus, it’s very easy to remove if I need access to the entire bed.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lomax w

I installed a Lomax 1yr ago. Bed stay dry with the exception of a drop or two at the tailgate. Been very happy with it, great price from this forum and super easy install. Plus, it’s very easy to remove if I need access to the entire bed.
I wish I had gotten one instead of the Mopar.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have minimal water coming in on mine. The only spots that do were by the tailgate but was not the fault of the cover but the design of the tailgate itself. A little weatherstrip fixed that.

Based on your response mine was either installed improperly or something is warped. Maybe a new one will help but I’m not holding my breath. My bed is basically useless now for storing anything that can’t get wet. Could you provide some pics of how you did the weatherstripping at the tailgate?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Would you be able to post some pics of how you did the weatherstripping and what type you used?

BjBnet

Reaction score
Had a big rainstorm last week. My driveway is slightly sloped, I back in so any water would have stayed at the front of the box. My box was completely dry. Mopar trifold. 2021 Tradesman. Maybe once the weatherstripping dries up it starts leaking? It betted not 😒

Users who are viewing this thread