5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOPAR Drop In Bed Liner - Any Info?

Biyyadiii

Reaction score
I just leased a 2020 Ram 1500 and it didn’t come with a spray in bed liner. Because it’s a lease, I don’t really think it makes sense to spray it, so I’m thinking about a drop in liner just to protect the bed. Does anyone have any experience with the MOPAR drop in liner on their website? That’s the one I’m currently leaning towards.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Mopar drop in liner. Seems like it fits as well as a giant piece of molded plastic can be expected to. Never had a pickup before though so I have no frame of reference with other liners or anything.

rebel without a cause

Reaction score
I have a 4 piece snap in place bed liner from
Dual Liner. Took about 15 minutes to install and cost me $399 with free shipping.

You could install something like this and take it out when your lease is up.

Attachments

• 20200201_084801.jpg
    20200201_084801.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 135

Biyyadiii

Reaction score
I have a 4 piece snap in place bed liner from
Dual Liner. Took about 15 minutes to install and cost me $399 with free shipping.

You could install something like this and take it out when your lease is up.
I was actually looking at this one too. The Mopar one is just slightly cheaper. How do you like it?

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will say that (at least for my 6'4" bed) most bedliners seemed to be about $400, the Mopar lists for $350. I got 25% off, and I didn't have to wonder if it would get damaged in shipping since I picked it up directly from the dealer parts department. That's why I went that direction.

You could also do a roll-in (low tech version of spray-in) yourself for as little as $100, but I wasn't keen on scratching/scuffing up the whole bed of my brand new truck to get it to stick (and hoping I got it applied right).

Ronbhaines

Reaction score
I've had a drop in liner in my past 3 trucks. They go in quickly and if you get water in your bed it runs down the grooves so your stuff is still dry. I've also had tonneau covers on my trucks so water really isnt an issue. The drop in liners also help prevent dents.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

V8Spock

Reaction score
Love the Mopar! Paid $297 with the Mopar coupon. I printed it and they took 15% off at the dealership.

Capture.JPG

Biyyadiii

Reaction score
Love the Mopar! Paid $297 with the Mopar coupon. I printed it and they took 15% off at the dealership.

View attachment 47841
This is awesome actually! I was gonna have it shipped, and between taxes and shipping it was going to be like an extra $100. I’m wondering if I just go to the dealership if they can order it for me.

V8Spock

Reaction score
This is awesome actually! I was gonna have it shipped, and between taxes and shipping it was going to be like an extra $100. I’m wondering if I just go to the dealership if they can order it for me.

I called the dealership parts dept and had them search the local area for one. I drove over and had it in less than an hour. Install was quick.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They'll probably have a pallet of them in stock. Mine did. One tip- if you don't have the OEM LED bed lights, put the plugs for those holes in the bedliners before you get it in the bed.

Biyyadiii

Reaction score
I called the dealership parts dept and had them search the local area for one. I drove over and had it in less than an hour. Install was quick.
I’ll have to try that this Saturday! Thanks for the advise!

Biyyadiii

Reaction score
They'll probably have a pallet of them in stock. Mine did. One tip- if you don't have the OEM LED bed lights, put the plugs for those holes in the bedliners before you get it in the bed.
I don’t have bed lights so this is important!

rebel without a cause

Reaction score
I saw on youtube the do it yourself spray in bed liner for $100. Didnt look to bad but required a lot of work, they rough sand the bed itself.

RJS

Reaction score
This is the Mopar Ram liner in my 19 Laramie. It's thick and tough with a rough finish which is why I put the Access mat from my 14 in it. You can bounce some pretty heavy stuff off of it . It has openings for all the bedside hold downs and comes marked with the spots to drill to put in the rail system.
It fits over the front of the bed and under the side rails and conforms to the bed well. It also comes with the cover for the tailgate.
It was a throw-in with the deal but I'm now glad I've got it.

bed liner final.jpg

Luxy72462

Reaction score
I’ll tell you the Mopar one is nice but the mold is junk for the tailgate. The contour brings it in contact with the rear bed panel and it chips the paint. I went back to dodge and they repainted the panel. I chucked it in the garbage and had the bed lineX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread