5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Catback exhaust

Ryan10

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Mopar catback and do you have any video clips? I’d love to hear some feedback about this exhaust system as far as drone and experiences with it

Ryan10

Reaction score
A sound clip with be awesome. Have any positive or negative comments about the exhaust?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nothing but positives minus the cost lol. It doesn’t bother me but I can’t in good conscience suggest this for others because of that. For me it’s a joy unless I’m backed up to my house when I first start it. Then it becomes an issue with the landlord AKA wifey ha ha ha.

Ryan10

Reaction score
So no drone what so ever or anything like that

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anything above stick comes as a tradeoff so you’ll definitely take note when MDS kicks in. I’m a strong believer in if you don’t want any adverse effects exhaust wise, then stay stock. I do not mean this in a mean way, just want folks to be fully prepared that it’s not going to be 100% positive. Swapping exhausts comes at a cost and I don’t mean solely monetary. I knew all of this going in and I would have stuck with my first Mopar exhaust system if my wife wasn’t 5’1” and me being 6’2”. She’s like a chihuahua with piranha teeth and intelligence to match. Needless to say that’s a deadly combo so I caved quickly when she and my daughters said something ha ha ha.

U

User_18352

I've got a couple of clips of mine somewhere, i'll post them up hopefully later today for you.

U

User_18352

Best I can do for now, I dont have any while i'm actually driving the truck. I dont have a GoPro or anything like that unfortunately.
First video is the stock exhaust in case you were wondering.

Here's my little review of it after I installed it,

Ryan10

Reaction score
Thank you for posting the videos! It sounds amazing! I’m debating between this and the Borla S-type

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thank you for posting the videos! It sounds amazing! I’m debating between this and the Borla S-type
Isn’t the consensus that the mopar catback is simply just the Borla s type with mopars branding and a higher price tag? Or am I wrong on that? Could’ve sworn I’ve read that and they sound extremely similar

Ryan10

Reaction score
Isn’t the consensus that the mopar catback is simply just the Borla s type with mopars branding and a higher price tag? Or am I wrong on that? Could’ve sworn I’ve read that and they sound extremely similar
I’d like to know this as well because I’ve also heard that

Ryan10

Reaction score
I was between those but check out the Carven cat back too as that one is now on my list.
I’ve previously had a carven and love the sound of them! Just heard mixed reviews about them having drone

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Borla has made Mopar's exhausts for as long as I can remember.
There you go OP, I’d get the Borla. I wouldn’t let any warranty concerns hold you back from this if this is why you’re considering the mopar catback

Users who are viewing this thread