5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar Cat Back install question

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
Hello,
Well I purchased the Mopar cat Back System for my 2021 Limited and had a question if anyone can answer.
I was going to self install with a friend who has a lift but he can't help now due to illness. I looked around and found a Very highly rated muffler shop after talking with him he looked at the instructions and said looks simple plus being new the factory system will be very easy to remove so he told me $100 to install. He then asked me if i wanted to use the clamps from the kit (which he said are very good clamps) or did I want him to to weld it? It will be a few weeks till I can get it done so I have time to ask these questions. So I am asking has anyone had it welded? does it matter?
thanks in advance!

badpewterz

Reaction score
pros-
it will never need adjustment. it will be slightly less likely to leak depending on the the quality and the welding wire material/ tig welded ect. (some welds will rust easily)
cons-
you wont be able to make adjustments down the road. it will have to be cut to take off for any reason. possibly rust down the road at the welds.

for 100 labor thats a fair price either direction you choose though

RSConsulting

Reaction score
$100 is a very fair price. Use the clamps - makes it easier to adjust down the road - and easier to remove without cutting (if something down the road requires the exhaust to come out).

My $.02

Rick

Sergeant Jim

Reaction score
$100 is a very fair price. Use the clamps - makes it easier to adjust down the road - and easier to remove without cutting (if something down the road requires the exhaust to come out).

My $.02

Rick

Thanks, I thought the clamps would be best but needed a second opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/