5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar bed step

bocco

Reaction score
I recently installed a Mopar bed step on my 2021. It seems to require a pretty good kick to get it to raise into the up position. Simply pushing hard won't work.

Anybody else have this issue?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine is on the rear corner of the bumper that came with the BUG. It goes up with a gentle backward push.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Which one are you talking about? The corner or center one? I have to kick the corner one to get it to go up which is fine because I want it to stay down when needed. I can do it with gentle pressure if I push at certain spot.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

rightushook

Reaction score
Mine is the center one that came with my mft, however I've owned one that was on the drivers side aswell.
mine was tight when new however it has loosened up and is pretty easy to push in with my foot. Ive noticed you have to push at the right angle in order to get it to go in. same thing with pulling out, its a down and out motion rather than just down.

Last edited:

bocco

Reaction score
Mine is the corner step. driver side. It takes a pretty good kick to get it up. Maybe
I just need to find the sweet spot.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine takes a pretty good kick to get it to retract also. 2+ years so far and no issues (came with the truck).

Bluesurf

Reaction score
At first I thought the same. Once you get the hang of the gentle shove it will move like butter. At first I found it quite a pain in the ****. Practice did make it perfect for me.:LOL:

Wtray

Reaction score
I have found with both the center and driver side steps. When you push them in if you have a slight up push it goes in like butter. if you are pushing down at all they want to stay out which is a great thing if you are trying to step on the step getting out of the bed. I use the side of my leg usually and just nudge it at slight up and back angle and it moves in with no issue. This worked with my 2019 and still works with my 21 with MFT.

TheMopars

Reaction score
I have found with both the center and driver side steps. When you push them in if you have a slight up push it goes in like butter. if you are pushing down at all they want to stay out which is a great thing if you are trying to step on the step getting out of the bed. I use the side of my leg usually and just nudge it at slight up and back angle and it moves in with no issue. This worked with my 2019 and still works with my 21 with MFT.
x2 I just put a little up and in pressure on it with the outside of my shin and it snaps closed.

Users who are viewing this thread